Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

not working - can someone tell me how to get more than one picture on one post?

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

another test

FAILED

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Just read the rules - only one per post. Ok, I found the answer.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

It's nothing to do with rules Bob,it won't work because it isn't possible at the moment with this forum software.However, the simpleway to make it work is to upload the pictures to your Gallery space and just copy the link of each picture there, then when making your postclick the
iconand paste the link of the Gallery picture into the popup box. Do this for each picture you want to add to that post. That way you can put in as many pictures as you want and add your text between each one.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

BTW Bob, I've just doubled the Gallery space for the Senior Members group to 30mbs which should ensure you don't run out of space.
Don't worry folks, I did the same for all the other member groups as well, except for the standard Registered group which is still at 15mbs.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks Steve, now to learn how to do that. I did it a while back, but then I was never able to find it again?

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

OK, so I uploaded them successfully to the photo album here on the site. but how do I get them to now show up lets say here on this test post?

another test hopefully without others

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/14609

OK, so how do I just show the ones that I want like 1 - 9 and not the others.

I'm getting closer

I think I just did it

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=fav

Oh ya, now all I have to do is find them when I need to :D

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

OK, so adding a link is good, but how about when it is better to add a couple of pictures in the same post, How is that done?

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
OK, so adding a link is good, but how about when it is better to add a couple of pictures in the same post, How is that done?
If you use photobucket, you can copy paste the code into the body of this note... It will look something like...

I purposely broke the above links so the code would show... You would copy paste from fotobucket or your gallery, into the body...

The same links above, with the code fixed...

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Those links are wrong Bob, you've put the link to the whole gallery instead of your individual images. It's no different to using Photobucket or any other image hoster, to get the link/URL of the image you want to put in the post, right-click it and copy the URL from the pop-up box. That's the URL you need to enter into the post here when you click the

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

I made up some step by step screengrabs for you Bob that should help.

First, find the picture(s) inyour Gallery, Photobucket, or other site link (I usedyour Gallery pictures for this)that you want to insert in your post;

To get the link/URL of that picture, right-click it and when the propertiespop-up box appears, copy the URL of the picture (you can see it highlighted in blue in the picture below) and go to the forum to make your post;

If however you want to insert more than one picture in a post (say 4 as in this example), copy the URL's ofall the 4 pictures and paste them into notepad as shown here;

Now go to the forum andstart your new post or new topic;

Click the
icon (circled in red here) and when the pop-up box appears, enter the URL of ONE of your pictures as shown below, then click OK. Repeat this for every picture you want to place in that post;

The picture(s) will load straight in the post box like this, so you will know it worked and you are done;

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

OK, you ever do something over and over and start to feel really stupid:DOK, so here it goes, one for time (or whatever it takes more times)

Oh crap, got carried away and forgot to copy the links, I'll be back:dude:

I'm back

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/photopost/data/500/thumbs/IMG_7114.JPG

GOT IT :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Thanks Steve, Thanks Rudy, it took you both. OK so now back to fix by blunders.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

kyboy67 wrote:
photobucket
Where Bob hosts them isn't the problem, the problem is he isn't understanding how to insert the links of the pictures into his posts. Once he figures that out, it will be more efficient hosting them in the Gallery here because they will load faster, because the gallery is on the same server as the forum. :)

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Oh wait, scrub that last post. I see Bob figured it out.

I hope the rebuild works out for you Bob. If you need some help with a funds drive, let us know soon.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:

I purposely broke the above links so the code would show...
Hi,

There is no need to break links to make the code show. You can just put it inside [ code] and [ /code] tags like this:

Code:
[img]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/kokekid/IMGP4333W.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/kokekid/DarthMichelin1.png[/img]

[img]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/kokekid/1500-Logo.jpg[/img]
That way, a reader can simply copy and paste the code, and it will work. :)

regards,

Martin.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.