Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK, gotta explain first: bought my wing in July, and soon after wanted rear speakers. Won an auction on ebay, and about ten minutes after winning, in surfing our fine forum here, learned of some bad experiences with Sabercycle. They were, of course, the seller of the speakers I'd just bought.

Not here to bash them, however. Wasn't surprised that the speakers wouldn't quite fit into their new home, so did some grinding and got them mounted. We got the rear wiring harness hooked up, we hope correctly.

My son-in-law is my wiring guy. Neither of us can figure out how to hook up the three plug-ins for the front fader. There seem to be no place to plug in under the radio itself, where the instructions indicate.....up front, left side we're finding a couple of possibilities, but not enough to plug everything up.

Did Honda plan for rear speakers when installing the original wiring harness? Is there anywhere standard we can look on this beautiful, fastest-color wineberry '89?

I had this sinking feeling about this project since before the speakers arrived.....

Help!

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi i cant make out on the post is the fader fitted to your bike or have you bought the fader with the speakers

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

I am pretty sure the fader was not stock for that year. It was not for an 88.

Also, they only came with the front speakers. I too installed rear speakers. The radio only has an output for the left and right. I can not remember if the wiring harness had rear speakers. I do not think so, so I think I connected mine to the front. The wiring diagram does show the rear speakers tied into the front channels.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

The fader came with the speaker kit.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Fader plugs in here...

There is a white 4 pin female from the amp and a white and black 4 pin male going to the front and rear speakers respectively.

The fader uses all three.

Ignore that cable I have plugged into it with the blue and green wires. That is just how I get the amp speaker outs to the rear of the bike for the quad amp I installed without making irreversible wiring mods to the bike. That just keeps it plug and restore.

With front speakers only, the black male is probably empty and the white female and male are probably connected.

Un plug that and insert your kit. It has to be right because there is no possible mistake other than swapping front for back due to the gender of the plugs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks WS, but that's for the back end, we're good to go there.

Many thanks Rudy, you're the man!

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

Well Flashya, if it's any consolation to you, the rear speaker I purchased from a Goldwing site didn't fit the rear of my bike either. I had to do some creative grinding to get them in.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I don't think it was Saber's fault at all. The little homes built for the speakers just don't seem to leave quite enough room for speakers. Made our own minor modification to the wiring and got the rear speakers blaring. Fader works, now on the replace the blown front speakers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.