Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Been kind of a rough year. Economy in the dumper, a nasty election with questionable results, the road raged cager that decided to take me down on the 4th of July. Time to package it all up, ponder it a bit, review what I'm thankful for and kiss it goodbye... I turn 49 tomorrow. My plan so far is below - any ideas on how to improve it:??

Bride will ride all day on my wing with me - starting out riding - about an hour north the long way - in San Luis Obispo for the "Grand Opening" of a shop that wants to specialize in Indians and Victories. This should be interesting because I talk to people at Indian and there are no plans yet for a dealership here - must be selling used stuff. Always something new in motorcycling though so fun to check out :action:.

Expecting clear, sunny and 74 degreesF so I'll ride where my wanderlust takesus on any of 100s of rides around the area - Coast, High Desert, Vineyards, Canyons - see what I feel....:baffled:

Dinner at a restaurant I've never been - "Windows on the Water" in Morro Bay, CA - sounds nice. On the way home a piece of cake that might send me into sugar toxemia - LOL - from the "world Famous" Madonna Inn - will probably take me an hour to decide whichcake to spend my "allowance" on - LOL :cooldevil:

Then on the way home find a place to watch the Pacific sunset and enjoy this gift from a friend and coworker who recently returned from Mexico...

:cool:

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Geez.....I was already jealous of Californians. Best of luck for the best of days!

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Hey Blackdog, your co-worker wouldn't happen to have another one of those just laying around doing nothing would he? :D

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
Hey Blackdog, your co-worker wouldn't happen to have another one of those just laying around doing nothing would he? :D
LOL - no - I wish!!! She was travelling as she does about twice a year - this time waaaaaay south on the private coastal areas and brought home this one for me - so I have been saving it for a "special occasion" - tommorrow is it!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I used to have a kid who worked for me who's girlfriend was Cuban. Every month she'd get her allotment of cigars from back home, and he'd bring me 3 or 4 of them.

I really miss that kid. Wasn't the greatest worker in the world, but was WELL worth keeping around for the perks. :D

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Well I hope you have a fine day and really enjoy that smoke. Might want to help it along with a bottle of California red, just to help perk-up the old taste buds... :birthday: :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

You should really enjoy that one, Blackdog. Cohiba's are good anyway, and that one's the real McCoy.

Let me know how it is. I just finished my last real "Cuban". There wasn't enough "O's" in "smooth" to describe them.:coollep:

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
I used to have a kid who worked for me who's girlfriend was Cuban. Every month she'd get her allotment of cigars from back home, and he'd bring me 3 or 4 of them.

I really miss that kid. Wasn't the greatest worker in the world, but was WELL worth keeping around for the perks. :D
LOL - I know what you mean. My former mother in law loved me - wish I could say the same for her - she was one of "those relatives". One year she was feeling "nice" and she went to cuba on a "medical mission" I gave her $200 bucks and a "shopping list". She brought me back 2 boxes of "Montecristos" - one that the Mexican authorities "confiscated" - the other they let her keep - and I still made out!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

We keep talking about this and I'm going to have to make a trip to the tobacconist over in Grand Island. :)

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
We keep talking about this and I'm going to have to make a trip to the tobacconist over in Grand Island. :)
LOL - Smoke 'em if ya got 'em, go for a ride if ya don't.:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

md kramer, I must be loosing it, I have cuban cigars waiting to be smoked and never find the time..........(It's always bloody raining in scotland, who wants to sit out in the rain with a drink so you can have a cigar ?)

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I'd sit under an umbrella in a hurricane for a good Cuban. :)

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
I'd sit under an umbrella in a hurricane for a good Cuban. :)
me too - and for a good cigar! :D

Well got the cake (part 1)and a primer of Hoyo de Monterey Excalibur - with a fine Filet Mignon and a good concert and dance tonight to start the weekend - so I guess I'm off to a fine start. Gotta get to bed now - waking up for breakfast and the ride tomorrow now where was that Cohiba.....

Had to spell check 3 times - between the cigar, the port and the Grand Marnier - the keyboard is a bit fuzzy :shock:- oh well... until tomorrow gents...

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

Happy Birthday, Blackdog!!! :cool:

All day on the Wing with your Lady on some California roads sounds pretty perfect to me! Have a great day!!

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

Dude, what about some intense bedroom gymnastics to wrap up a wonderful day?? As far as I can tell, that's the only thing missing from an absolute perfect day!!

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Happy birthday, even if it's a day or two late. What's a couple days between a couple Scorpios. :cheeky1:

I hope your planned day was a good as it sounded. I'm not a smoker so I'll pass on the cigar, but every thing else sounded classic.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Thanks everyone all for the Birthday wishes.

Had a Fantastic Day. Just an absolutely beautiful sunny 70s kind of day. Chose some off-the-beaten path car and motorcycle commercial filming roads. You know the kind where you get 4 or 5 back to back 10 mph hairpinswitchbacks as you descent about a 10% plus grade intobeautiful canyons with only 1 car in 30 miles - that kind. Took a few couples riding with us to show them the road - and they loved it. We ate Linn's Farm pie in Cambria, smoked cigars and soaked up the sun, the scenery and the sunset over the Pacific.

Calflash - we ended up changing supper to the Outrigger! Had a great meal. After the meal I was waiting for my wife to return from the ladies' room - and who comes in and sits next to me is Jack and Elaine Lalane - anyone remember the original "fitness guru"? He and his wife are still doing the fitness gig on our local NBC station KSBY TV. I might need to work out about 2 years to get in their kind of shape. They are very outgoing andfunny - I think he said he is gonna be 90 and she 88. The Cuban was as SN in SC said "not enough o's in smooth" - very fine. Quite possibly the "Perfect Day".

Oh - and for chesterwgunn - LOL We started the day picking up breakfast burritos at our favorite spot before sitting on the beachcliffs enjoying them - as we went through the neighborhood we saw a "Spongebob Squarepants" bouncehouse for some kids birthday party. I looked over longingling and called out to my wife - "I wantone - its my birthday....". She gave me that squeeze and said "Keep riding, you'll get your "bouncehouse" tonight!" :shock:

What a great day! Hope you all get your "Perfect Days" for all of your birthdays - that's how it should be.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.