Great idea on the rubber molding. Where did you get that? I have the tall tulsa on my 82 aspy and I like it. It does help with stability on the interstate, especially going around trucks. No idea how it affects the passenger, wifey won't ride with me, lol.
The Napa site was screwed up with the usual ASP website problems this morning but they are up now.
Here is the part I used after trying several...
Problem is the windshield thickness is more than the clips were intended for so you have to force it, glue it with Welder adhesive I show a pic of in the gallery, and tape it in position using straps of duct tape around it to the windscreen both sides.
If you skip a spot it will not follow the shape of the screen.
Careful with the welder adhesive. It needs a good 24 hours to set permanently and you have to be careful to not get any on the windscreen plastic unless you like looking at it.
DO NOT TRY TO USE SILICONE ADHESIVE. It won't ever start to hold it on there.
I ran a small bead of the Welder along the edge of the screen and then some in the track. I think I would just run it in the track the next time to avoid any smears while putting it in place.
This is a permanent solution. Welder does not ever give way. Good stuff but you better be sure you like it.
I beveled the openings of the strips so that they wouldn't flap and that they would pressurize the tube somewhat. There are small breather holes along the inside of the tube so the air will blow out those holes and add to the de-fogging effect to some degree.
When you stick this on the corners want to turn under. Keep them straight with the rest of the clips using the duct tape straps.
Next day take of the duct tape and use it to clean up any tape adhesive that stuck to the clear part of the screen and rubber.