Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Recently purchased a 1500 with a Tulsa tall windshield. Was out riding today with my brother-in-law in 25 to 30 mph winds. Noticed I was leaning quite a bit more in crosswinds than he was. Only real difference between our bikes is the windshield. Anyone go from a stock windshield to a Tulsa tall and noticed difference with crosswinds? I am thinking about going to a shorter windshield.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Yes, i recently purchased a tulsa windshield and put it on the bike, I took the one off that was on it(Memphis shades +2) to try it out. I noticed the same thing in high winds, it seemed to have much more turbulence and much harder to ride in the wind.Then also co rider complained of so much turbulence on her also. So we switched back to the memphis shades shield, it is so much better in windy conditions and during light winds for both me and the co rider. And since then have added hand wings and that made it even better for passenger.

Sold the tulsa to someone else here on the site, just wasnt my thing and am personally much happier with memphis shield.;)

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

I went the other way. I cut 4" off of the stock shield.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Unfortunately im over 6' tall so cant do that, I can still easily look over the memphis shield all the way up. I in fact could look over the tulsa that was 34 tall too.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

YOU TALL, ME SHORT. I too prefer to look over the top of the shield. Old school when I started riding (40+ years ago) was that you should (on level ground) be looking about 1.5" above the shield. I find it strange when riders have so tall a shield that they cannot look over it. In the rain or on a buggy night how can they see at all?

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Hell, with the tulsa i could stretch and sit up straight and look right over it and it was 34 tall. Memphis is only bout27 tall and i can slouch and easily look over it, if i sit up and look over it , it is about chin level or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.