Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice and what better place than to head over here.

I currently ride a 1500 and have a Tulsa XL windscreen on it, love it!

I have just bought a 1800 and want to put one one. I have spoken to Niehaus and they have said the XL's are not too popular. They say "the way the windshield is so sloped back towards the driver, most ppl don’t want the xtra tall, the regular tall you will already hit your head on it when you bend over the bike to get on."

Whats everyone's thoughts on this. Is it a lot different from the 1500 Extra Tall?

Thanks for your help!!!

Derek
www.scotiawings.org.uk

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Yes they slope way back. I have been on a couple 1800s with them and if you are not careful you will smack you helmet on them. Plus I don't want to look through a fogged over tall windshield either.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
The shield on the 1800 slopes back more than the 1500, add the extra tall screen and it is even closer to you than on the 1500. A friend put an extra tall on his '09, sat on it to see how it looked and got a few stitches on the bridge of his nose when he leaned forward slightly and stood up quickly to get off the bike. He is about 5'7" - taller folks would find it even closer.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Had one on the 94 when we bought it and took it off right away. Biggest problem is rain and fogging up. I actually went the other way and put a windbender on both my 1500's. I hate looking through plastics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.