Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Currently I have a Panasonic AM/FM Cassette Deck subject to the usual climate and location problems. Heads getting dirty, Tapes being eaten, and can't find an FM or AM station.

A buddy stopped by with a gizmo called a Belkin. It is an FM transmitter. You simply plug the gizmo into the headphone jack on your personal CD or MP3 player, Tune your radio and the gizmo to the same FM channel and presto! You're listening to your favorite CD's or music loaded onto an MP3 stick and no hard wiring to your radio or speakers. $50 for the gizmo, used a cheap $20 personal CD player and it sounded great over the bike's speakers. Compact enough to throw in your glove box.

Kyle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

With an MP3 stick, Should be able to velcro to the side of the golve box. About the size of a bick lighter...amazing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Walmart sells a similar FM transmitter for about $20.00. It does work well. I use it on my bike.

Now if I could just get my helmet speakers working on the built in system I would be happy!

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

My buddy had also picked up one from London Drugs for $20.00 but was not happy with the quality and said there was no comparison between it and the Belkin. As we know with many things, it depends if it was put together on a Monday or a Wednesday. He claimed the Belton tuned in better to a larger number of FM bands than the the cheaper one did. If Walmart sells one, and it works for you, I might as well give it a try.

Kyle

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Kyle :waving: Would this gizmo work on my Honda 50.? :stumped:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Dia duit!.......Well Redwing.....I'm not sure how much trunk or glove box space you have on that 50, but, a simple solution would be you could velcro the units to your helmet, or if you pick up one of those little MP3 sticks you could carry it in your shirt pocket. If you have Shep trained to ride....put it on his collar

Your Honda 50 - Cén dath atá ar? - dearg?

Tóg bog é.......Go gcuire Dia an t-ádh ort!

Kyle Corley

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Kyle :waving: Ta an Honda 50 dearg. :clapper:Ceart go leor. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

You are alright too! :clapper:

Ta me mac leinn :baffled:

Ta tu scolaire :dude:

Go dte tu an cead :leprechaun:

Think I'll give Father Coutu a call. The advantgage here is, this Frenchman can bless the beer.:grinner:

Slán leat!

Kyle Corley

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.