Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

i just got the best thing ever for my needs, i got a motorola ROKR at walmart. it is great, i have some music on my cellphone memory card, and this little box repeats via bluetooth the cellphone audio to a clear fm station. i can now listen to my mp3's on the goldwing and as an added bonus, when a call comes in a voice comes over the radio and says call from 693..... very cool. i actually answered the call while cruising at 55mph and they were able to takl with me,....not without the occasional what did u say, but still far better than my expectations.

you never touch the phone, buttons on the box change the song and answer calls. u can pull over and initiate a voice dial call too.

it comes with a 12 v plug and internal battery for operation.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
imported post

Sounds very good, but how did you get the bluetooth of your cellphone integrated with your radio\cb system ?

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
imported post

Too easy for the EX wife to get a hold of me if it auto answers.

·
Premium Member
1982 naked gl1100
2,576 Posts
imported post

SA Wingrider wrote:
Sounds very good, but how did you get the bluetooth of your cellphone integrated with your radiocb system ?
The motorola has an FM modulator so it plays through your stereo.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

What model of phone is it?????

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

I am having problems with the intercom connections at the helmet. Does anyone make a good wireless system that can be added to my 93 1500?

·
Premium Member
1982 naked gl1100
2,576 Posts
imported post

I use the Motorola T505 hands-free device on my bike, although I haven't had the opportunity to answer any calls with it, yet.

It communicates to the phone using Bluetooth. Pretty much any model phone with bluetooth technology will patch into this thing. If your phone has A2DP stereo output, this thing will transmit to your stereo in stereo, wirelessly.

It seeks out empty channels and tells you what is is so that you can set your receiver to the right frequency. It's got play/pause, track +/-, and answer phone buttons on it so you don't have to handle your phone while riding.

It was about $60 on ebay but I've seen them cheaper since then, brand new.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the info, but what i think i would like is a totally wireless system, no cables to the helmet but does have helmet mike and speakers for both helmets.

·
Administrator
27,776 Posts
imported post

http://www.cardowireless.com/Q2
This thing works great for intercom and bluetooth phone, the newer ones have an MP3 jack and better quality speakers than mine I hear and I'm very happy with mine.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

i didnt have to integrate, it was an out of box solution, the device does it all, it receives the bluetooth data stream, and processes it into analogue fm transmission the goldwing radio receives! it has a boult in mic for the phone part, admittedly it doesnt work so well at 55 mph, but i never expected it to, but it is possible to have a limited conversation. the music is not in hi-fi, but is in stereo, but its a bike, so with a helmet on you probably cant hear hi-fi anyway. overall it is a simple solution to hear your mp3's on the bike, without wires! except the cig lighter cord for charging, but u can get a home charger and not need that either, it runs all day on a charge they claim.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
imported post

BlackGW wrote:
It seeks out empty channels and tells you what is is so that you can set your receiver to the right frequency. It's got play/pause, track +/-, and answer phone buttons on it so you don't have to handle your phone while riding.
How do you "seek" this empty channels to get the right frequency ? :?

Thank you :waving:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Normally you play a tune through it and then push the tune up or down button on your wing and it will find the frequency for you ,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
1982 naked gl1100
2,576 Posts
imported post

SA Wingrider wrote:
BlackGW wrote:
How do you "seek" this empty channels to get the right frequency ? :?

Thank you :waving:
Mine has a button on the back that, when pressed, seeks out a empty frequency and announces it over the built-in speaker. Then you tune your radio to that and you're set.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

here's a picture of my MP3 player mounted on the radio housing. i am using a cassette adaptor for the connection. it really works great!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.