Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Yesterday I had to take a little ride and when I got out of my local area I needed to change radio stations and it worked for a sec and then stopped adjusting the stations.

I tore into it this afternoon and the little buttons that control the up and down tune were filthy. I used an eraser and cleaned them off and then reassembled everything. I now have the up direction but can no longer tune to lower stations. This wouldn't be a problem but it sticks on channel 108 and won't roll over. I have the presets already are programed and now I can't get to the lower settings.

Does anyone know of anything I should look at? All three of the copper tabs are clean and when I had the switch apart I couldn't get it to work at all in the down direction.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
imported post

there is a number to sierra electronics call them i am sure they can tell you whats wrong with radio.they are good people.if they can not tell you over the phone i am sure they can fix it.. 1-800-338-6938

also welcome to the best place to get info.about your wing...:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

You may want to go through your switch again and/or check for continuity.

I had the same problem with my CB button. I did not take it apart, but I just started using it more. It eventually started working. Works better going up than down, but I really do not use it much.

My cruise light works but does not set/engage, so I guess I will check the button by verifying continuity at the connector.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

My money is on the switch, happend my 87 once and it took a few strip and clean attempts before it worked.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I went through it several times before I got it back together correctly. The little spring pad kept twisting out on me and was the culprit to begin with. I had to stretch the little spring to make sure it has tension enough to keep it in place. The down tune never has worked right all the time since I had the bike, it would only work intermittenly.

I found a new controller on fleabay last night and I may end up getting it if I cannot get it to work right. I will have to get my multitester out and see what I can find with it, yesterday I just cleaned it up and got it back to working halfway.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.