Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Now that the ice and snow is here I know I will be needing a set of these fillers. Anyone got an old pair laying around? Thanks.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

I think cyclemax has them for about $14.... Yep.. HERE

·
Premium Member
679 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

TitaniumWing wrote:
NomadicWing wrote:
Now that the ice and snow is here I know I will be needing a set of these fillers. Anyone got an old pair laying around? Thanks.
For 1500's:
And...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Cool, do it yourself and save. Thanks for the diagram for the 1500. How thick should they be? Any ideas?

thanks again,
Mike

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

I got a set 2 years ago from CycleMax. The best I remember is they are about 3" thick. They are big enough that it takes a little pushing and pulling to get them in place. I leave mine in full time now. I got a vented windshield and that makes everything very nioce.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,171 Posts
imported post

Wow, what a find here in this thread.

Guess I missed that last go.

I just stuck an old towel down in the cracks last winter on my bike. :(

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
imported post

I'm suffering from PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) and would love to go riding, tunnel filler or not, but the 7 inches of snow outside sort of keeps that from happening. Add the 3-5 inches that is currently falling and it could be a while before I ride.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Installation question. Do you stuff them in from the top or the bottom? What holds them in place? Thanks again for any info.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,171 Posts
imported post

Johan, it would be difficult to actually see the tunnel fillers installed on the bike. They totally obscure the opening between the fairing and the tank, so no light shows through.

Most foam is dark gray so it would pretty well just be a dark area between the fairing and the tank shroud.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.