Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The search function doesn't seem to work on my computer. No matter what I put in it just says "Done" and nothing comes up.

I'm starting my engine replacement project and of course, have to remove the endless plastic covering on the bike. I have a service manual but it just says to remove it all before pulling the engine. No shiat!

So I started to try to get all this crap off but it is frigging frustrating! I already broke a tab on one of the front side covers. I figured I'd better read some instructions somewhere or else I'm going to end up with a permanently naked GL after ripping all this shiat off and breaking it into tiny little pieces and burning it in a roaring bon fire!

I'm sure this is a common topic and there must be links to instructions somewhere but like I said, the search thing isn't working for me (more frustration).

As a side note, I have the bike stored in a shed behind the house. My dogs are now going crazy barking at it and I found little pieces of rubber on the ground under the bike. I am concerned that I have mice up in there and they are going to chew up all the wiring and rubber. I need to get the tupperware off asap and get the varmits out before they do too much damage.

Thanks.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

You only need to remove the saddle, console, false tank panels, lower fairing panels and radiator grille and the side panels. Exhaust shields also. There are many posts on the forum covering all that, and some articles in the workshop section.
You probably need to have cookies enabled on your PC for the search to work. It is working fine for me. There is also a Google custom search right below the stock forum search.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
imported post

it is there...FitzAl is right....tget your cookies enabled so that youy can look it up. if not, go to a friends computer, and look it up. IT IS AVAILABLE.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

If you have the Honda shop manual, it's there in section 13, fairing and body componants. In my 2000 manual it starts with pictures on 13-6 showing what is what and in what steps to remove them, then gives instructions on how to remove each piece starting on page 13-8. If you need this let me know and I will get this part of the manual to you in pdf format.

John

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Give the little bastiges something to eat! Like Decon! jimsjinx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.