Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

On my way into work this morning when I moved over into the carpool lane I noticed that my illumination light stayed on after the blinkers went off. I then noticed that both of them were on. I was thinking well maybe I now have driving lights. Well it didn't last until I got to work though. They came off when exiting the freeway. It was weird both off them were on at the same time.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a bad ground ????:waving:

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

stuck switch or relay

·
Administrator
27,923 Posts
imported post

I'm in the camp with 96aspencade, the relays are powered off which means if the relays are not activated the lights are on. Since both relays are powered separately from the individual position lights via the turn signal switch it is unlikely both were off at the same time. The grounds for the relays are shared so if the ground was bad both lights would come on. If you need help finding it PM me and I'll get into the manual.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I'll check out the ground for the relays. It doesn't really seem like it would be a switch since both of them were on. Looks like the next few days I won't be riding going to have rain hopefully not snow.

·
Administrator
27,923 Posts
imported post

I forgot to mention to look at the position lights when the cornering lights are on, if they are on the problem is on the ground side of the relays, if they are off then it could be in the switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.