Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The turn signal on my '84 Wing sometimes won't cancel on completing my turn. Will some WD40 fix it?

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

LOL, WD40 and duct tape. :) I think I read something about this a while back in this site. If not, then I know that there is some threads about turning that feature off which might give you a clue as to how to fix it.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

WD40 might help in the short term but will probably gum things up in the long term.

I would try the local auto parts store and ask for contact clean/switch lubricant.

Or like me and others you could learn to live with it.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

How the switch lubricant applied? Do I take apart the assembly as I suspect and spray it onto the switch? is that all that's required?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

MoneyGuy wrote:
How the switch lubricant applied? Do I take apart the assembly as I suspect and spray it onto the switch? is that all that's required?
I would divide the halves and soak the switch with the cleaner if it worried me but as it doesn't I just live with it.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

I have had pretty good luck just spraying into the switch from where the lever is.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

jdvorchak wrote:
I have had pretty good luck just spraying into the switch from where the lever is.
Spraying with what? The lubricant? :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.