Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My right indicator turn lamp is not working. (86A) It will occasionally flicker for a second but that is only rarely. My signals are working fine though. I just have no indicator.

Does anyone know how to trouble shoot this? Loose wire or bulb connection? How would I get access to the bulb and socket?:baffled:

Suggestions?

Thanks, Airbeat

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a bad connection in the bulbholder or a bad bulb.You will have to remove the windshield, radio and speakers and then the instrument trim cover. Unplug the connectors and the speedo cable and then unbolt the mounting nuts to pull the clocks out. Remove the bracket off the clocks and pull the bulbholders out. It's a good idea to replace all the bulbs while the thing is out, it might save you doing it all again later on.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

The gl1500 is similar in that the screen and dash cover need pulling before you can get at the clocks. What a pain to replace a bulb. :cussing:

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

A lot of work for just a bulb. Looks like it will have to wait till I have a few days of downtime. Thanks for the info. Can't wait to tear into it...:(

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

I had replaced the Neutral and OD light on my 87 1200I by reaching in and plucking the bulb and socket out from behind. Removing the plastic tripple tree cover gives more room. My radio was out at the time. The replacement bulbs are an SAE57 Good luck. I put in a couple of #74 bulbs and all is well. Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the possible shortcut. Worth a try! Would be nice if that did it....

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Retro48 wrote:
I had replaced the Neutral and OD light on my 87 1200I by reaching in and plucking the bulb and socket out from behind. Removing the plastic tripple tree cover gives more room. My radio was out at the time. The replacement bulbs are an SAE57 Good luck. I put in a couple of #74 bulbs and all is well. Best of luck.
I think the cover on the back of the instruments (the black plate) covers the turn signal bulbs so you may still have to pull the clocks out. I'm not 100% on this, but I remember some one else doing this job and I think that's what had to be done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.