Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an 83 Goldwing Interstate 1100. When I turn on the turn signal in either direction they won't stay on. I have to hold the slider with my thumb throughout the corner and then when I remove my thumb it goes off. I purchased the bike last year and have done this from day one so with winter coming on thought I would spend some time fixing the little problems. Thanks in advance for any help

Mel

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

The bike has automatic turn signal cancellers like a car. I disconnected mine. Take off the fake tank, you'll see a small black box. Pull the plug, voila.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi Chris in va. Thanks for the quick reply. I would like the turn signals to self cancel but not as soon as I release the slider.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

You may have a bad turn switch, that will not hold, or your turn signal cancellers needs replacing. 1st Pull the false tank, and see if someone has already disconnected the turn signal cancellers first.

Good Luck,

Nightrider1.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hi Nightrider 1. When you say "You may have a bad switch that will not hold". Should the slider stay in the direction I push it until it is somehow released by the self cancelling switch or is it suppose to return to center on its own and the actual turn signal bulbs don't go out until a relay somehow turns them out? Sorry, very new at this.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

maybe the sensor under the bottom of triple tree is defective or unplugged. the wires run up the steering stem of the lower triple tree. the slider stays put till it self cancels.jb

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Hi JBZ. If the slider is supposed to physically stay where I move it to then I must have a faulty slider because, like I say, when I release my thumb the slider returns to center.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

if it returns to center even with the keyOFF i would say the switch is faulty. JB

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

How exactly does the self-cancelling system work? I find that sometimes when I'm sitting at a stop light with the left signal flashing, it will just turn itself off. This doesn't happen all the time, just enough to make me wonder just what's going on.
Thanks.
Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.