Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can anybody lead me to a wiring diagram or can anybody tell me where I can pick up the wiring for both front turn signals?

I am able to pull out the left hand glove box, but I don't know what color coding I'm looking for.

I am adding amber Photon Blasters to the front fender.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
imported post

G'day Hollow Road Rider, I don't have any experience with the 2012, as they are not even in Aus yet (not in the showrooms,anyway) But on earlier 1800s if you unscrew the mirror you will see the colour of the wiring there for the indicators.

Good Luck:cheesygrin:

Phil

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
imported post

What do you think of your 2012 so far Hollow Road Rider?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

This is probably going to have to be moved from the Tech Forum but here goes:

Well Bernie, I can tell you what I think of my 2012, but my only other Wing comparison was an afternoon spent riding my buddies' '09 along Chicago's northshore. As I noted in my earliest post here, I have been riding the Bavarian bikes exclusively 'till now. I traded my 2010 BMW R1200 Adventure for the Wing. That Beemer is a sweet bike, for a younger and stronger man than I. I was always quick to slide myself forward when coming to a stop so I could get my butt to the lowest portion of the seat to be able to get both feet on the ground. Honestly, if it were not for the fact that my wife has recently started to really enjoy riding as pillion, I would have kept the Beemer. However, with her on the back (and she is not big at all) coming to a complete stop was frequently uncomfortable—we did drop it once while stopped at a dual inclined intersection, and, it wasn't the greatest bike for two up touring.

I picked up my Wing exactly two weeks ago. Took it home, loaded it up, and we rode out to the East coast and back —2100 miles. I love it. She loves it.

I have since returned to SW Wisconsin where I have put on an additional 400 solo miles and done a bit of peg scraping.

My only complaint about my purchase, is that I did not hold out for a model with ABS, there were none available in the midwest in any color. I really can't understand why Honda insists on making ABS an option. It is standard on so many bikes now days—traction control too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.