Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Back to work again on my Wife's problem bike.... (Wife is not the problem...bike is)
I got the dragging front brake fixed, and then noticed it has no turn signals.. nothing... nada... zip! Of course I have no idea how long this has been a problem as I don't usually ride the bike. Of course the main driver doesn't know....

Soooooo, I take off all the front stuff to get to the wiring, to see if maybe a loose connection or something. Did you ever notice how many relays and du-dads are all shoved up near the coils? nothing was loose.... I opened an closed several connectors... put it all back together.... and still no turn signals. the hazard lights do work however.

I have not replaced the relay, and the auto turn off was brand new when I rebuilt the bike two years ago...

any thoughts (besides teaching my wife to use her left arm... straight for left, 90o up at elbow for right

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
imported post

Hi Roger, Are the turn signal lights lit at all? Do they get brighter when the switch is activated? Have you checked the flasher itslf? A little more info please adn I'm sure the sggestions will flow

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Check the flasher first there's two of them and of course you've already checked out the fuses.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

exavid wrote:
Check the flasher first there's two of them and of course you've already checked out the fuses.
first thing I checked was the fuse.... maybe I am missing where the "flasher" is (I will go back to the haynes... I could find the relay (there must be six relays all jammed up in there. I know the aspencade I had had to units like the hazard light flasher, but this bike has only had one (and the hazards work and when I rebuilt it the turn signals worked )... when I get home I will look again.

I guess the fairing comes off again

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

1. fuses are all good

2. found the turn signal relay with grey, blue/bl and wht/grn and will try replacing it

3. found hazard relay with pink, grn and lt grn/black

4. have a thing that actually clicks when hazards are on and it has two wht/grn, two yellow/green and green... but I find this no where in the clymer manual

5. if all else fails I still have some Glen Fiddich and will drown my sorrows, but I promise, no more kilt pictures

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Okay... it is not the flasher/relay... replaced it with a good unit and still nothing, nada zip. (but I have a brand new one just in case)... any other thoughts on where to look before I takeout the 38 and point it at the bike and say "do you feel luckey?"

left forearm out straight--left turn

left forearm 90 degree up-- right turn

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
imported post

not sure this will help u at all but i had the same prob with my 82 gl1100 and it turned out to be the main connector betwen the fairing and the bike had come lose . good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.