Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well, the damage wasn't bad at all, but I noticed that the front wheel seems to be slightly out of line with the handlebars, that is, the bars face straight, the wheel is ever so slightly turned to the left.

Can this be fixed? I've not taken it to a qualified Goldwing mechanic for this yet...so I thought I'd ask here first. I just don't want to start putting too much money back into it, if this will be a major project, replacement or cost.

Also, does anyone know if the saddlebags from an 82 Aspencade are the same as those for the 83 Interstate? I have found an 82A bag and lid, but don't want to order it if it won't fit.

Thanks guys,

Jack

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The bags and lid will fit between all gl1100 models. As for the forks, as you only slid down the road you will probably find that loosening the wheel spindle and fork bolts, then wedging the wheel against the kerb and pulling the handlebars will line them all up. Skooter Paul who used to frequent here (before he went to live in Australia) worked in a bike shop and he told us how to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.