Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have noticed that when i ride in the rain my bike seems to be twitchy or perhaps feels like it is unstable in curves. I thought perhaps tires, they were fair but I changed to the Michelin GT's. Rode today for the first time in the rain with the new tires and once again the same twitchyness. Just not sure what is wrong---could it be tire pressure or perhaps the air in the shock? Or do 89 1500's just run that way on wet roads. Anybody experience this? Thanks wilburj

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

No, that's not normal. Did some digging and found this reply from Rudy. You may want to consider the same......

"On the 1500, get the front fork bushings replaced and do the seals at the same time.
Make sure the old gunk gets washed out when adding the new fork oil.
Add a super brace, make sure the front tire is not an E2, make sure the steering head bearings are not worn to a detent and that they are torqued to 16 ft/lbs.
Finally make sure the rear swing arm bearings aren't worn.

You will have a true tracker in any circumstance.

This may also apply to other models but it does certainly apply to the 1500's.

I recommend the Michelin Pilot-GT tire in the front at least."

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Well, yesterday I did an experiment. It was a dry day here so I took the bike on the same roads at the same speeds and then faster speeds quite faster speeds and found to my delight no twitchyness. I checked all the bearings and all seemd fine, so, my conclusion is -------SLOW DOWN IN THE TURNS IN THE RAIN WILBURJ---I have other bikes all sport or dual sport, this is my first attempt at riding a GEEZER GLIDE -----LOL and I love it. I guess it is just not as agile in wet turns as my other bikes. Thanks for the info though wilburj

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Gotta love those Gezzer glides....:action:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.