Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey Everybody

I wanted to share my first two experiences with working on my Goldwing 1500 trike.

Just having my Goldwing Trike for a little over a month I decided I had better change the oil and filter since I didn't know when it had been changed before I bought it as a bike. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be...I didn't have to remove the front cowling to get to the filter..I barely had enough room to remove the filter but did it. The oil was thick and black...must have been a while since it was changed.

It's definetly NOT going to be as easy to do maintenance on as my 1100 Shadow. Everything is covered in plastic.

The second thing I did was:

I finally got around to wiring my trike to pull my trailer. Having pulled the trailer before with my 1100 Shadow I wondered how the trike would compare.

I took it for a short ride and got it up to freeway speeds and just like the shadow never knew it was back there. I played around with tongue weight and I do like the idea that I can carry more tongue weight with the trike and it not affect the handling of it. It still seemed to pull better with a tongue weight between 30 -35 lb. (I DO HATE THOSE STUPID PLASTIC INSERTS INTO THE GOMMITS ON THE SIDE PANELS)

David

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

Hey David - Welcome to the forum :waving:.

I think I'd be changing the oil and filter out again in a couple hundred miles if it looked like molassas. It is not hard to get the front cowl off and it makes it a whole lot easier to change the filter.

Hang around lots - this is a great place.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

I think its easier to change the oil without taking off the front cowl, but I agree with miles.from.nowhere, if it was that dirty, change it again in a few hundred miles and maybe run some Sea Foam thru it first. (If you have that little slip on filter wrench, that makes it really easy.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.