Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

When I ride with other Goldwing owners I of course use the US model CB fitted to the bike, but when I ride with friends that do not have Goldwings we communicate using hand held units mounted in a bracket attached to the antenna. I have installed a push to talk button operated by my left thumb and added another 5 pin din plug next to the Honda fitted din plug which means that depending who I am riding with determines which din plug I plug my helmet into. My question to the radio buffs out there is I would like to know if I can use one din plug for the two radios so thaton the rides that consist of Goldwings andother bikes I can communicate with everyone at the same time.

Regards to all,

John S.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

Do you mean you have a hand-held mic working on your GL1800? I'd be interested to know how you did it as J&M stopped selling them a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

The guys I ride with when not with the Goldwing club all purchased some cheap 2 in a box hand held walkie talkies that are powered by a couple of AAA batteries. I thenmade a bracket that fits onto the 1800 antenna. The walkie talkies have a couple of sockets on the side for a remote push to taIk switchand headsets.I purchased arubber coveredpush switch for a couple of dollars that is fastened around my L/H handlebar with velcro and that plugs into one of the sockets on thewalkie talkie. I then made up a lead with a mini jack plug on one end that plugs into the walkie talkie and a 5 pin din plug on the other end. This set up means all I do is select which Din plugI plug my helmet into depending who I am riding with. The system works good and is really cheap to make. The only problem is if I am riding with Goldwings and non Goldwings I cannot communicate with everyoneso Iwas toying with the idea of using one Din pluginstead of two as at presentthat I plug my helmet into. I just wanted to know if it would cause any damage.Sorry, I Just read your post again,,,, the microphone is already fitted in my helmet.

Regards,

JohnS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.