Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

After removing more than a few mouse condos from our air boxes I finally put an end to it...now they eat my wiring.:wtf: I put a piece of 4" mesh over the air inlet of the bikes snorkel. I used 1/4 or 3/8 galvanized fencing material and bent/cut it to suit. Hold it in place with wire after fitting then silicone seal it. No more nests. Another taboo subject is oil on the outside of a wing. While you're rolling around on the floor doing winter projects to the ol" girl give the sidestand pivot a couple drops of oil and see how much easier it works. You will be surprised.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

Another member did the mesh trick a while back, it does seem to work.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
imported post

I use chain wax (from the other bike) on the kickstand. It stays there, and it works. I also use it on my cages hood, trunk and door latches.

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

very good ......thanx alot.

Chain lube in locks may be too heavy up here in the cold.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

I used to use the white spray grease on the hood hinges in NH

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i dont have mice in my garage i take care of that my secret peanut butter mixed with rat poision just a spoon full 2 or three dollops around the wing never seen a dead one yet

if you have your own garage just get a garage cat and that'll take care of your issues my dad has a big garage and he has his own female cat them are the best hunters, he just puts her in the garage all the time leaves a small electric heater on low for her to warm up next to on the cold nights, she dosent eat the mice shes picky she will pile up the dead ones and he'll throw them away and she gets a special treat for each one usually a can of wet cat food or some special cat treats, its a good relationship she keeps his stuff mice/rat free he feeds her

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
imported post

How can the mice get in there if Goldwings don't sit still?
:raspberry:

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
imported post

I installed a critter catcher!

Attachments

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

peterbilt wrote:
if you have your own garage just get a garage cat and that'll take care of your issues my dad has a big garage and he has his own female cat them are the best hunters, he just puts her in the garage all the time leaves a small electric heater on low for her to warm up next to on the cold nights, she dosent eat the mice shes picky she will pile up the dead ones and he'll throw them away and she gets a special treat for each one usually a can of wet cat food or some special cat treats, its a good relationship she keeps his stuff mice/rat free he feeds her
If you get a garage cat make sure it is from a litter of a cat that mouses. Mousing is a trait that is passed down by the mother cat teaching them the skill. It is not a genetic thing.

The best mousers are the real barncats that you cannot handle or touch. Just give them enough food to keep them alive and if they want more they have to hunt for it.

:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.