Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

There is a sponsered run in aid of Crumlin Hospital for Sick Children being held on next Sunday August 8th. It is starting from Cahir Co. Tipperary at 11.30 with sign on from 9.00 to 11.00am Two ton run means 200 miles and you can sign on from 9.00am and get a map of the run and head off in your own time or travel with the main convoy leaving at 11.30. Experienced marshalls will lead and trail the run. T-shirts , badges stickers, spotsand tea/coffee will be given out at sign-on. Last year it (TT03) raised €27,600.00 with 187 bikes taking part. So if you are doing nothing on the day as Ciaran is not organising anything for this Sunday, why not head down for this worthy cause. There should bea few wings participating from speaking to people on last Sunday run. All riders must collect €80 for the charity and further info. can be got by contacting Brendan Power 087 677 6027.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a nice spin. I think I may be able to make that one once I get back from work today as I missed out on the bike for a few days this week.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

Sorry I couldn't get there today, jet lag still effecting balance etc.'Hope you raised loads of money for those great kids in Our Lady's.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hi All,

A update on the two ton run 04 (TT04).

:(:(:( As Sunday morning turned out to be a downpour and wind until about 12noon on the eastern side of the country alot of bikers must have got back in under the covers and took shelter in the belief that it was not a good day for a bike run. Other more brave ones went part of the way and decided they had enough and turned back while others went to Cahir and handed in their money, then headed home to dry out. I drove down in the car and got the goody bag, paid up and had a chat with other bikers as the rain had stopped falling in Cahir about 11 o'clock. By 11.30 there was a good buzz around the car park because the rain had gone and the forecast was good for the afternoon. At12.00 about 80 bikesheaded off on the 218 mile run,stopping inGort,Co Galway for lunchand returning to Cahir via the west coast, with good weatherthroughouttheafternoon. I spoke to Brendan Power, the run organiser, who had put a great effort with his team of helpers into this event on Monday night, he said they collected about €24,000.00 on the day but was expecting that figure to rise considerably when the outstanding money :)Dfrom the fine weather bikers :D)came in. He also appealed to anyone who has sponsership money to send it on to him. He will then post on the T-shirt, medal etc, therfore you still end up with your souvineer of the run. You can contact Brendan (087 6776027) with any queries you may have. I will give a further update on this worthy cause when a more final figure is available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.