Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 879 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

ok see how many still interested in a M&G at coopers bbq on 4/4/09, just a start more details to come. dates somewhat flexible, will post more for lodging if needed or desired.Rhinos welcome ha ha,:cheeky1: everyone welcome

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

I have put this on my calendar as I was told the Wild Rhinos were invited!!:shock:

(He obviously doesn't know us very well!:cooldevil:)

Come on all you Texans, Oklahomians, Arkys, Georgians, and everyone else! Let's Party!! :band::toast::3sum:

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
imported post

I got it on mine too. Party time.

I hope the dates work for the trip I've got planned already for riding the circumference. We'll try and make it work. :cool:

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Cyote61 wrote:
planned already for riding the circumference.
Hey Cyote?? You getting circum...oh wait a minute, I read that wrong! :gunhead::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
imported post

The date and location looks good for us! :cool:

Jim

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

:D See what I can do, get the Honda 50 out, put Pearlwing on the back, head out and let the party Begin. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Rabbit wrote:
:D See what I can do, get the Honda 50 out, put Pearlwing on the back, head out and let the party Begin. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
You bringing Redwing? :cheeky1:

Sounds great. We'll be there God willing and the creek don't rise.

All DFW riders. Let's try and meet up and ride down together.

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
imported post

If you keep the weather looking good then I am game also. Please send info. Fred

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

i'm glad to see the interest. they have tent camping $1.00 per person per night @ park & pavilion for rent if needed,also talking to hotels for long dist. travelers. think i.ll try to go check it out if the weather holds this weekend

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Too early for me. I'm planning on coming out the week of the 6th of April (Spring break for my kid) to pick up my bike trailer. Oh, well. :p:p:p

Why don't ya post more details of the location? Like where the heck in Texas is Cooper's BBQ? :shock::shock::shock:

J/K, I know where the town is. Mapped it already. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
imported post

Flyone wrote:
Cyote61 wrote:
planned already for riding the circumference.
Hey Cyote?? You getting circum...oh wait a minute, I read that wrong! :gunhead::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
:D Nawh, they done that 65 years ago. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

:crying::realshocked: yikes lets don't speak of this

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

plainmech wrote:
:crying::realshocked: yikes lets don't speak of this
Marty, if this makes your stomach feel queesy, you ain;t seen nothing yet! :cooldevil::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

not my stomach

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
imported post

okay here we go again were getting close to riding season so we need to start planning the seasons rides just getting on the bike and riding is not near as much fun as having a destination:cool::action::cool::action:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Beaver Bill wrote:
okay here we go again were getting close to riding season so we need to start planning the seasons rides just getting on the bike and riding is not near as much fun as having a destination:cool::action::cool::action:
Oh yea???? Says who?????? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

To those who have never been to Coopers BBQ in Llano Texas, its something to see and even better to eat...Coopers is world famous for their BBQ, Check out their web page...We have been there several times and trust me, I always get way too much and eat BBQ for days....That's OK too because it's worth it....

First time we were there we stood in line for about 30 min, the smell coming off those outdoor pits was driving me crazy !!!!!Coopers has 10 or 12 huge outdoor pits and then there is the pit where you order your meat from, ribs, links, steaks, a huge pork chop that will fill two up easy and even goat meat...So like I said it's well worth the trip and the time standing in line for some BBQ....OH and the beans?? bring lots of beano with you their beans are all you can eat and Great!!!!

Oh BTW bring your gold panning equipment, there has been gold panned out of the river there in years past, and is still today.....

My suggestion would be this on lodging..Llano is not a huge town and while they do have a couple of new motels, and a few older ones. you best make your reservations early......Last time we were there, a construction crew had most of the rooms taken up and we stayed at an older motel across the street from Coopers..It was clean, good beds, and reasonably priced.....But the smell of the BBQ going on the fires at 4 am woke me up !!!!!!

We will see what March brings as to my being there.....

Claude.....

Claude.....

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
imported post

DUDE I JUST WENT AND CHECKED OUT THE WEB SITE THE PORK CHOPS WEIGH 2 POUNDS THE WEB ADDRESS IS www.coopersbbq.com looks worth the trip to me:cool::cool::cool::action::action::action::action:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

My wife just told me she's been to Coopers and says it's well worth the wait in line to eat there.

1 - 20 of 879 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.