Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was looking thru Craigs list the other day and ran across this. It looked to me that the pictures weren't taken in the vegas and I swear I've seen the same pics posted before in other scams so I figured I would send a email just to ask the price of the bike. Here is the reply......:2finger:

David Berdarde ([email protected])

Sent:
Mon 3/16/09 5:57 AM

Good day,the bike is in great condition, has been properly
maintained, has never been laid down or abused in any way.I live in United States but currently I am with work in Italy I really hate to sell my bike but you know how bad is now with this financial crisis. I am in army in Italy and my wife does not have money so i really need to sell my bike urgenlty It has a clear title and the price I`m selling it for is $2900, which is including all charges. I sell it so cheap because I've moved out to Italy with my work for the next few months and I can`t afford the luxury of taking the bike with me so I decided to let it go. I`m using a third party company called GLOBAL EXPRESS LTD. to sell this bike, I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the Italy. They are supervising the entire sale process from payment, shipping with a 14-day inspection period, returns (if needed) and refunding.If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how GLOBAL EXPRESS works and how we can move forward. I will be waiting your email. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

Email them back, tell them that you're interested and let us know what they say next.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Ask them precisely where the bike is located so you can look at it. It will be the last e-mail you send or receive. I did the same thing for an 1800 and the lady (?) said she was in the UK, had received the bike in a divorce settlement and shipping to Canada was included in the price of $4900.00. When I said I had friends in the UK who would look at it and wanted to know exactly where it was located the e-mail's stopped immediately.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I sent them a email telling them I was a wife looking for the bike for my husbands birthdayand that I was thrilled to death to find the bike at such a low price.I asked them if I could see the bike and also asked for more info on Global Express Ltd. Lets see what happens next......

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Here's their reply................

Hi again,
the bike is stored at Global Express storage facility. Usually they deliver the
products with a 14-day return policy right after the payment is confirmed, for
inspection and to pick it up instead of have it delivered you have to schedule an
appointment, and it could take up to 25 days until you have it set which is more than
I`m willing to wait.
If you want to purchase it, let me explain you how Global Express works and how we
can proceed:
To start the official transaction I need your full name and delivery address,also phone number, I
forward it to Global Express and they will notify you with all the instructions
(payment, shipping, etc.). One of their agents will be assigned to receive and handle
the payment. You have to transfer the funds to their agent as per their email
directions and when the payment is complete, you have to send them the transfers
information, they verify it, deposit the purchase amount in their trust account and
start the shipping process. You will have a 14-day return policy, so you will have
the chance to test and inspect the bike before funds are released. If you decide to
keep it, they have the power of attorney so they will transfer the title into your
name and release me the funds, if not they will be responsible for the return
shipping and you will have a complete refund within 3 days.
Anyway, they will explain you detailed the entire process.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

scammers at work again, but just like the old saying goes " a fool and his money are easily parted "

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

82winginvegas wrote:

Hi again,
inspection and to pick it up instead of have it delivered you have to schedule an
appointment, and it could take up to 25 days until you have it set which is more than
I`m willing to wait.
If you want to purchase it, let me explain you how Global Express works and how we
can proceed:
To start the official transaction I need your full name and delivery address,also phone number, I
(payment, shipping, etc.). One of their agents will be assigned to receive and handle
directions and when the payment is complete, you have to send them the transfers
information, they verify it, deposit the purchase amount in their trust account and
start the shipping process. You will have a 14-day return policy, so you will have
the chance to test and inspect the bike before funds are released. If you decide to
keep it, they have the power of attorney so they will transfer the title into your
I am waiting your email.
Thanks
If you haven't done already, you should cut & paste what you have posted here in an E-mail to CL. These scammer need to be taken down.:X:X:X:X:X:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Here's their reply.......translated

Hi again,prepare to be scammed

the bike is stored at Global Express storage facility.The bike doesn't exist

Usually they deliver the products with a 14-day return policy right after the payment is confirmed,Possibily true as they are a real company but have never heard of this joker or his bike

for inspection and to pick it up instead of have it delivered you have to schedule an
I`m willing to wait.Please dont ask to view the bike as it doesn't exist and I want to concentrate on suckers with more money than sense.

can proceed:Proceed to give youinformation on how you give me your money and I do a runner
To start the official transaction I need your full name and delivery address,also phone number,These I will sell to a junkmail company

I forward it to Global Express NOT

and they ( I )will notify you with all the( Bulls**t) instructions
(payment, shipping, etc.). One of their agentswill be assigned to receive and handle
the payment. I will contact you under a false name and continue to try and scam you out of your hard earned money

You have to transfer the funds to their agent as per their email
the chance to test and inspect the bike before funds are released.So you send me your money and I do a runner

If you decide to keep it,Even though it don't exist

they have the power of attorney so they will transfer the title into your
Anyway, they will explain you detailed the entire process.This is just some jargon to convince you that I am being sincere...Sucker !!
I am waiting your email.Can I have your money now ??
Thanks

I got into it withone of these a couple of years ago and I emailed the shipping company directly , needless to say they had no records of a bike in any of their storage facilities.but you can have a lot of fun with the scammer if you have the time.

Eric

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Well done on reporting it to CL but an even sadder thing is that somebody will lose some money on this :X:X

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Hey, wait a minute. I know that bike. We've been talking about it here:
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum4/64169.html

Pictures are just a bit different but it's the same bike. Want to see more?
http://s657.photobucket.com/albums/uu295/amandal12/

'Amanda' must have sold it to 'David'! I want it next! :cooldevil: It's even cheaper than the first time.

The money one could make if only you could figure out how to track down the scammer and put 'em in the slammer:D!

In Canada we have a show on the Outdoor network called 'Mantracker". Two people are dropped in the bush and have 36 hours to find their destination on foot while a bounty hunter and local companion hunt them down on horses. Fun to watch. I'd like to see Amanda and David on that show with Mantracker given a license to 'kill on sight'. Amanda and David would have to find the 2006 Goldwing before they got caught. That would boost the ratings!

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Well done wpgfirespotting that and I must applaude your compassion inrelation to their punisment, I think David and Amanda should be shot with balls of their own s""tbut thats just me

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

82winginvegas wrote:
I have sent CL a email advising them of the scam. Sad thing is that you know it will show up someplace else.:X
CL doesn't care. Why should they? They already advise in bold letters to deal locally only.

I'd post more, but I don't want to offend anyone like I did last time....

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

Maybe he bought it from Amanda and just doesn't have time to ride it. What a pieces of garbage. I rate them right up there with people who send viruses.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

las vegas craigslist > motorcycles/scooters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This posting has been flagged for removal
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

We're seeing this more and more just lately. You would think that they would know that nothing sells very well right now anyway, or maybe they are playing on that aspect as well, hmmmm.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I get 3 to 6 scams in my e mail every week! I guess in Nigeria, I'm a billionaire!! All I gotta do is send my personal info to some geek in Nigeria, the UK,Formosa,etc.. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

82winginvegas wrote:

Hi again,
I`m willing to wait.
can proceed:
I am waiting your email.
Thanks
wow, im stupid and i for sure wouldnt fall for this trash.......rick

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Latest up date.......

I keep asking to see the bike and asking if the bike is here in town. He says it would take 25 days to get an appointment to see the bike and he isn't willing to wait that long and that he would have to pay additional fees to Global Express.

Here is my last email to him:

So let me see if I have this right. You want me to buy your motorcycle for $2900 but you're not willing to let me see it before I purchase it? How much are your daily fees?Is the motorcycle here in Vegas? I am very interested in purchasing your wing but I need to see it first. If another $500 would help you pay your fees , I might be willing to pay those fees to Global Express for you.
Thank you.

And here is his reply, I hope you're wearing your boots!:

Hi again,
Thanks for your answer.About the deal ,I m sorry because you feel like that about me.Now,if you are in my
place to sell something,you'll take the risk to cheat people and have the police on your door in a few days?????I don't think so!!!I m in this position!!!!Liberty is more precious then everything in this world!!
I am a 50 year old man . I have been married to the same woman for 28 years and we have two grown suns who are successful in their own careers. We are all college educated. I didn't get to this stage in life by doing dumb things. I want to take this opportunity to asure you that there is nothing to be worried about this deal. I would never cheat you or swindle you!! I have a reputation to protect and a good Christian and I do not want to be imprisoned. You have my word and good faith on the fact that I'll keep my end of the bargain. I have never lied and cheated anyone. I will not risk my career, my freedom and my future for anything in the world! I would rather close this deal with other person than to know that you'll be very stressed hoping that I am a honest person, until you receive your Bike. Your peace of mind is a lot more important than this deal!!!I am not a scam artist, and the last thing I want to do is rob you.
I am a very honest man honest in every aspect of my life and like to believe that we have a mutual trust.look i live by the rules ...money to me is nothing in life it the trust that it count ,
If you try to scam somebody in life, later on life will scam you back.
I promise, you won't be dissapointed. I am a man of my word.You can count on me.About our deal I assume we are 2 mature persons who want to make a fair deal.
I understand you are a little concerned from this point of view but this is not the case...That explain the low price.More,i will provide 15 days money back warranty,i mean ,if in 15 days you will change your mind you will resend the item to me on my expenses.I think this is more than fair.
But i need to provide me the payment confirmation, prior to shipping in order to make the shippment.I hope you can understad me and also,i hope we can finalize this deal in the best manner.
You will have my personal quarentee you will receive the Bike immediately without questions... i promise.
i don't sell my reputation even for 1 milion $.....
Thank you

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.