Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My recentyly bought GL1800 is in need of tyres before I venture too far on it. The tyres are Bridgestones 709 and are more out of shape than I realized at first. Any suggestions for a good tyre? Good grip in the wet is more important to me than tyre life.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

BigAl wrote:
My recentyly bought GL1800 is in need of tyres before I venture too far on it. The tyres are Bridgestones 709 and are more out of shape than I realized at first. Any suggestions for a good tyre? Good grip in the wet is more important to me than tyre life.
BigAl :D You told us when you bought this wing she had 3600 miles completed. It's a bit early for tyres yet. :p I completed 11246 honda miles on my tyres before i changed them, and theyhad the older front type stones707. ;) I have the new 709 stones fitted and they are just super, wet or dry. :cool:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

The miles on the 1800 are low Redwing, but when doing an extensive check and clean, I found two plugs in the back tyre and a flap of loose rubber on the front one (probably from riding the bike onto the kerb). I never noticed this when buying the bike, its amazing how a good clean will uncover these flaws. When riding it to the boat it was pure heaven, no problems at all. Its just that the tyres have to go and I want to get it right first go. Like others I have wasted money on tyres I was told were good (on my 1500) only to find they were rubbish.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Tyres are a bit like the oil scenario, :Dit's a pers choice. :) As stated the stones do the job for me. :cool:I have ridden on the lops, metzs, avons, :shock: but i find the stones better. Always check the air every time you ride. ;)No cupping or no wabbbbbbbbbble. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.