Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT THESE ELITE 3 FRONT TYRES ARE LIKE,HAVING DUNLOP ON K177 AND YOU NOW CANT GET THEM,JUST WONDERED WHAT THEY RIDE LIKE,AS I NEED ONE ON THE FRONT,AND GOT A GOOD K177 REAR ,AND THOUGHT AS THEY ARE MADE BY DUNLOP THEY MIGHT BE OK HAS ANYONE GOT ANY ADVICE PLEASE GEOFF

:D:D:D:D:(:(:(:(:(:):baffled::baffled:

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I live in an area of Southern California, that has plenty of windy mountain roads.

I have Elite 3s on a GL1200 and GL1500. They perform incredibly well. They give decent mileage, and allow me to take the bikes peg-to-peg scraping the turns across the Ortega Highway.

I love their turn-in qualities, and their ability to handle the weight of the GL. The give me confidence as I approach 30mph sweepers at twice or more that rate.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
imported post

i put a dunlop e3 on the front of my 1500 while still running a k177 rear until it was slick 13,000 mile later. i currently have a michelin pilot gt ftont with a dunlop e3 rear for the last 5,000 miles. i don't have any issues with mixing the tires & plenty of other have said they didn't either in other tire threads.

as for the dunlop k177 not being available, if you like it check around because i think it is still being made, at honda homecoming last july the dunlop rep looked it up & said it is still in production, it's just they claim the e3 is improved over the k177 for handling & wear. personally i ran 2 front k177 to 25,000 miles each & only got 23,000 miles from a front e3 & i currently have 5,000 miles & counting on a front michelin pilot gt. personally i think the k177 has the most sipping of the 3 different tire i've had so i would think it is probably the best rain tire of the 3, but i'm always conservative in the wet, as for dry handling i pushed all of them hard at times & personally never really noticed a difference other than new tires always ran smoother than the worm out, cupped tires.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

thanks very much for the advice a lot of stores still advertise k177 but when you email or ring they then say we dont do these anymore,just to get you to phone i suppose ok thanks again and remember i use to be uncertain but now im not so sure best regards geoff

:cool::weightlifter::weightlifter::jumper:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.