Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi very easy question are Dunlop elite 3 s available in the UKand what milage do you get out of dunlop elites 2 or 3s

thanks Glenn /uk

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Elite 2's last for ages, at least 11,000 miles in my experience. Down side is poor grip in the wet and very long warmup time. Can't say if they can be got in the UK though.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

I agree with BRowan. I've heard lots of complaints about the grip issue, but I've never dropped mine because of wet conditions. I've put a lot of miles on in the rain but I don't lean into a 45 degree bank when I'm cornering either. I've used Dunlops ever since I can't remember and have always had great mileage on them.

Kyle

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I've put 5000 miles on My Elite IIs since last spring and they don't show very much wear. Like Kyle I take it easy in the wet. Especially the first rain after a dry spell.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

The same here, pushing a wet corner is asking for road rash.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

The elite 111 s are not yet available this side of the globe ,but my experience with Dunlop is bad grip in the wet ,,I changed to AVON on my 1500 and never looked back ,I got 13000 miles out of them I went through 2 sets in one year ,I use my bike winter and summer ,now I have an 1800 and it came with Dunlops and same problem ,,no grip in the wet ,I have recently changed to bridgestones (latest type 704 and 709 ) and these are proving to be excellent ..this subject is covered almost every month on the forum ,if you type in tyre or tire in the search box you will get all the info you need ,,,BTW the elite 3s for the 1500 are a cross belt and for the 1800 they are Radial..cheers Ciaran:waving:

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

love the brigstones for grip but the wear is like sports bike tyres less than 7000 miles

is no good for me

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

That was a withthe original bridgestones that came out on the 1800 ,,but they have changed them ,,and most people are getting around 12 to 15000 miles on them now,,cheers CIARAN:waving::waving::waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Stick with the Stones, :clapper:they are the best in wet or dry. :clapper:Last set 11250 miles. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

hello my brother canuck...........so your happy with the Lops eh?Im down to those or the stones,guess its just a price issue now.I dont do alot of rainy weather driving,just if I get caught in it!.....Bigman

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

From Previous Boards:

Seems thatmost ofthe tyres that are made for Wings have issues, to say the least. Mezelers 880 loses chunks of rubber, Dunlops don't have enough grip, Bridgestones cupping or wearing too fast... nothing seems to be perfect
[/quote]

WARNING ! We are two members in GWCDK that have got the same experience this summer with Metzler tyre type: 150/90 B15 M/C 80 H (fits GW1200)
In both cases we are talking aboutrelative new tyres ! What happend : Thomas told there was a bang from the rear tyre I did not hear anything when mine was broken ! But as you can se on the picture a piece af the rubber is gone from the tyres wearing surface !

Attached Image (viewed 100 times):

Here are a couple of samples from previous boards, and if you do your own search you will see it is very much a personal issue. You will run across guys who are die-hard by their brands. My personal choice is the high mileage Dunlops as I do alot of touring and have had few traction problems, but then again I don't ride with my head up my a$$. No matter what you buy, it will depend on the old addage, "Hope it wasn't built on a Monday or a Friday."

Kyle

]Most go through life being a victim of opportunity!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.