Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

A big warm welcome Dr Drift, good to have you on board. :waving:

No the US channels are different from the UK ones so you would not be able to hear the guys/ gals with American spec ones which are the frequencies of choice so to speak, since most of the Wings that have CB are imported ones.

It can be chipped I believe and Wexy may be able to put you onto someone over here that can do it for you. :)

Enjoy the forums and visit often.

:waving::waving:

( when you get a chance by the way, please pop your location in your profile, it is good to know where members hang their hat, since the site is so International)

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hi thanks for the reply.

Actually I am in Singapore and the 1800 is imported from UK with mph speedo.

What we wish to do is to program hand helds walkie to match the CB on the bikes. Works out as free cell phone when we ride to Malaysia :)

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Well as said, the UK bikes are on FM so if the walkie talkies can be tuned in on FM then you should be good to go. :)

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

you could always change the set in the bike. As said before most wings use AM. Your fellow east wing would probally have that type.

Am is more useful on the move as it has greater range and not influenced by buildings as much. FM is weaker and chearer but over short distance.

My advice change the set!

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

If the CB is a genuine HONDA CB then it is on the AMERICAN frequencies ,because the EUROPEAN /UK 1800s are not fitted with CBs ,So if your bike is fitted with a genuine HONDA CB in the bottom of the back box then it is a USA spec bike with a USA CB ,if however your bike is fitted with an aftermarket CB with seperate switches fitted to the handlebars then the chances are it will have an AM/FM switch on it .In the UK they run on FM while in the USA they run on AM or vise a versa ,I am never sure which ones runs on which :)Most after aftermarket CB can switch between FM and AM .. Ciaran

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

Hi DrDrift,

I am also from Singapore.

The frequency in the table are all in "AM" that we use either on the US spec or Euro spec in Spore. For Euro spec we use the CB radio which have AM/FM frequency. So you can program your handheld w/talkie using the frequency on the table.

Rgds

Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

East_Winger wrote:
fjr100 is the best person to answer this. If I'm not wrong, he also ride a Euro spec GL1800. :)

Rgds
Andre
Hi Andre,:waving:

Yes I owned 1800 A7 euro, my previous bike is also 1800 A2 US. I only know you in the forum but we have not met. Hope will meet you soon.:cooldj:

Rgds

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks for the reply and hi to all Singaporeans!

It's actually my old man who is asking. I don't go long trips with him cos my ride is too slow to keep up on the North-South Highway, even though I am only a couple hundred cc away! I would think you probably have seen FA21M on the road before :)

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

DrDrift,

Ok I know your father, Ah Sum. His 21 mine 20 and Ah Tan 22. :dude:
Ask him to contact Tyson for the frequency. He should know Tyson very well.

Regards

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

\dr\drift i know you arte sorted but just to clarify UK use FM and the US use AM. If the CB is fitted to the bike ie underneath where the cd changer goes in the top box then its a US spec and AM,

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

fjr100 wrote:
DrDrift,

Ok I know your father, Ah Sum. His 21 mine 20 and Ah Tan 22. :dude:
Ask him to contact Tyson for the frequency. He should know Tyson very well.

Regards

Just spoke to him and he said hi. I know uncle Tan too, met him once and he asked me to get a GS so that I can share with my dad.I still love my legendaryrolling thunder :p

That 21 number plate was mine, till I went abroad to study. Now I am back and he doesn't want to give me back :X

My old man is 60 this year, don't encourage him to ride so fast k ;)

Ray

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.