Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 831 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi,everyone I just signed up today.

Now this may sound a bit cheeky but I'm looking for some help to arrange a special treat.

Let me explain:- For the past few years I have been seriously ill to the point where I am now terminally ill ( I won't go into the boring details cos I don't need sympathy). During the time I've been ill my wife has been a real rock, always been there for me, totally supportive and caring,quite often over and above the call of duty of any wife, especially considering that she too has a very severe asthma problem.

My wife was a keen biker until she had a nasty accident which smashed both her wrists, which now prevents her from riding, however she is a keen pillion rider and has always wanted to ride pillion on one of the large Wings. unfortunately I don't have the strength and energy to ride such a large bike

And this is what I'd like to arrange for her as a special treat.

I would point out she is an excellent pillion rider, doesn't wriggle about or try and lean the bike, she just sits there and goes with the flow, I've never had a better pillion rider.

If any of you guys are in our general location of Rotherham South Yorkshire in the UK and would be happy to oblige, then I would of course cover any out of pocket expenses and fuel costs.

This would mean so much to her and would serve as a great big thank you from me.

If you can help then please do.

Thanks, Greg - Oh and Merry christmas

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear of the circumstances.
I would gladly take her if we were in the same neighborhood.
I hope someone over there can help out with this.
Regards

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear this........If I was in the UK, I'd be there in a hearbeat!

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks Guys, I did try the Yorkshire Gold wing owners club but there is something wrong with their authentication code system so not allowing new registrations.

Thanks Tanygaer, if no one closer shows up then it sounds like you're the guy for the job.
Basically what I'd like is for her to be picked up from home (without her knowing anything beforehand) then a ride out to Edale in Derbyshire, dinner at the Nags head Inn in Edale (on me of course) then a ride back home.
Edale is a special place to both of us and it would be such a treat for her.
Obviously we can wait till the weather warms up, I may be terminally ill but I don't plan on kicking the bucket for a while.. I just keep taking the tablets LOL

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

meandher73,
Both of you are added to my Prayer List. If you were on this side of the pond in the USA in Alabama, she'd never have a problem finding a ride.
God Bless,
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
Rotherham, Bit of a hike but if no one closer voluteers I can do that.

Drop me a PM.
Well done tanygaer...

Another great example of why this is the greatest forum and group of people world wide.

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

meandher73 wrote:
Thanks Tanygaer, if no one closer shows up then it sounds like you're the guy for the job.
Basically what I'd like is for her to be picked up from home (without her knowing anything beforehand) then a ride out to Edale in Derbyshire, dinner at the Nags head Inn in Edale (on me of course) then a ride back home.
Edale is a special place to both of us and it would be such a treat for her.
Obviously we can wait till the weather warms up, I may be terminally ill but I don't plan on kicking the bucket for a while.. I just keep taking the tablets LOL
looks like a plan is comming together...

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

That is so cool. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Oh, and welcome to the forum, you will never find a better one. Good people (as you already found out) and a good knowlege base.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

Meander73 Can you throw a leg over? Because I'm thinkin it would really be nice if we could find ya two Wingers to come by and grab both of ya!

What you are trying to do for your lovely wife is a very special thing. I just thought it would be really nice if the two of you could share it.

If it weren't for all the salty water between us I'd be happy to put either of you on my Wing.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
imported post

Great idea and great people here to lend a hand. Hope you'll be well and all your thoughts be pure and strenghening. Wow you have another chance to make a difference in your lifetime.You sound like a strong personHappy Holidays.;)

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum, we're praying for the best for you and your family, from N.W. Missouri!

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

Greg,

My Best Wishes to you and your wife.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Thanks everyone, you've really brought a lump to my throat with your kind thoughts and gestures.
I can stll ride although all I can manage at the moment are short trips on my scooter as I soon tire easily, more than five miles and I've had it.
The only ambition I have left in life is a ride in a hot air balloon and I know Christine is making arrangements for that to happen soon. Once again Thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
imported post

Hi all,Greg I`m about 80-90 miles from Rotherham and would be glad to help out, I`ve not the experience of most members here, but in a couple of years I`ve rode thousands of miles two up with luggage in seven country`s, so if no one closer can help, I can be your taxi. Ta ta ;)

Art.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Well done Dave on picking the ball up on this. If someone can get some pictures on the day it would be nice to have them. I hope it goes well for you Greg and that the weather holds up for the trip.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

Nice one Dave and Art :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Dave, maybe you could make it part of the charity run?

1 - 20 of 831 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.