Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

After the success of the past Grant a Wish ride, I would like to guage the possible support for meeting on a more regular basis.

We hold each year the annual Meet N Greet, and we have started a Xmas do !!!,

Anyone intrested in meeting in different areas monthly or bi-monthly or as and when.

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

Dave,

many of the UK members do meet on a fairly regular basis at such events as the UK Meet N Greet at Faskally for 2009 and now in its third year, at various Wing Dings and Treffens throughout the season and various other shows and events which get advertised through the events section and of course, through other clubs and organisations such as GWOCGB and RBLR. That's witjhout even mentioning runs such as yesterday.

Nice idea as it is, I am already a Regional Rep of GWOCGB and County Rep for RBLR. My calendar is pretty stuffed as it is, so it would be more likely to be "As and when" for me. :)

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Paul,

You are of course right, but not everyone is a member or desires to be a member of a Gold Wing Owners Club, they are however members here, interested in meeting face to face for a ride out, which is whom this poll is aimed at.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
imported post

Well i find squires a very big place to meet for lots of people, big car park and big inside.

i meet people up there on thursdays and fridays from 6pm onwards.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
imported post

An ad-hoc meeting system would probably meet the requirements, as I have other commitments, as I'm sure that many other members do.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
imported post

Yes, I would like to meet Forum members again, be it monthly or bi monthly.:)

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
imported post

Pardon my ignorance but where the hell is Squires???

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

If it is any help we meet up every 2nd sunday in Gorey ,Co wexford in Ireland :D

Not too far from Tanygaers house ,I can see his house on a clear day :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wexy wrote:
If it is any help we meet up every 2nd sunday in Gorey ,Co wexford in Ireland :D

Not too far from Tanygaers house ,I can see his house on a clear day :cheeky1:
So what news of how his work on the house is progressing Wexy. :?I bet with a good pair of night vision binos, you could see Lady Tanygaer opening the gate of a morning, not that you are likely to be in the cafe at 04.30!!:shock::shock:

I too am in the Ad Hoc camp, trying to arrange a regular meet up, either monthly or bi monthly is gonna be hard to administer.

Despite my love of riding and meeting folks, to do anything monthly or bi monthly on a National basis is going to be logistically difficult but I would certainly like to do a localised meet fairly regularly and more National once in a while.

Of course what can be exploited is the network of cafes around the country where bikers meet up, like Squires as mentioned, where many of the Yorkshire Wing riders already meet up, and Rykers at Box Hill, for us Darn Sarf. Maybe a compiled list held somewhere on the site, with all the good locations would be a start. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

I like the idea of meeting up but normally this happens on a weekend and with my job, i work most weekends. I do have weekends off to do various events but still cant get to all the ones i want to. What may be a good idea though to get to meet more often with the steve saunders groups is when you are going to an event that has an open invitation, for example w ehave met members at our wing ding and also silloth show to name a few

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.