Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just an interest in who is still riding either for pleasure or for work etc in the UK

i still ride to work every day here in the south east.

any one else out there inlike mad enough to continue riding :action:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Still in my Speedos down here in the South East, although the 1800 is actually up on chocks at the moment awaiting front tyre and brake pads. If it wasn't, then we would still be riding and am happy to go down to at least -6 as we have in the past and that was on the old 1500 without heated grips and seat.
:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

Still riding mine went to Whitby today for some good old fish n chips.Weather not to bad at the moment in the north east.

·
Registered
110 Posts
imported post

Still riding in Hertfordshire, mainly for pleasure and will continue until it gets to about +5 C.

alany

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

Still out there riding and will do unless the snow is too deep.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,204 Posts
imported post

I will never forget riding my 2 year old GL1100 from Croydon to Crawley on the M23 in -15C, coldest I've ever been in my whole life, I havesince looked up the wind chill factor of 70mph in that temperature and it's a frightening -60C, strange what a guy in his 20's will do for a piece of a$$ ain't it, I'm glad I don'thave to do that anymore....:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

chilidawg wrote:
I will never forget riding my 2 year old GL1100 from Croydon to Crawley on the M23 in -15C, coldest I've ever been in my whole life, I have since looked up the wind chill factor of 70mph in that temperature and it's a frightening -60C, strange what a guy in his 20's will do for a piece of a$$ ain't it, I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore....:ROFL:    
Guess you don't get a lot of that now, in Texas eh Chillidawg. :cool:
Of course I have ridden that same route many a time, but not in that low a temperature, I do hope you got nicely warmed up by the young lady when you got there. I just hope it wasn't the same girl I was dating down in Crawley many moons ago!!! :shock:
Be honest, a part of you misses the thick pea soup fogs of the M25 around the Godstone stretch and you would give anything to be stuck in the traffic we have these days. :cheesygrin:

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,204 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
chilidawg wrote:
I will never forget riding my 2 year old GL1100 from Croydon to Crawley on the M23 in -15C, coldest I've ever been in my whole life, I havesince looked up the wind chill factor of 70mph in that temperature and it's a frightening -60C, strange what a guy in his 20's will do for a piece of a$$ ain't it, I'm glad I don'thave to do that anymore....:ROFL:
Guess you don't get a lot of that now, in Texas eh Chillidawg. :cool:
Of course I have ridden that same route many a time, but not in that low a temperature, I do hope you got nicely warmed up by the young lady when you got there. I just hope it wasn't the same girl I was dating down in Crawley many moons ago!!! :shock:
Be honest, a part of you misses the thick pea soup fogs of the M25 around the Godstone stretch and you would give anything to be stuck in the traffic we have these days. :cheesygrin:
NoSir,it's nothing to do with being in Texas. It's because I'm too old for that $#!t now!!!!

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Still riding here. To work most days on either the Goldwing or other bike, except when I need to carry a lot of equipment.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
imported post

Still riding to work that is until today. we got snow this morning. it's ok in town just now but 2 miles out it;s not so good.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

gogs11uk wrote:
Still riding to work that is until today. we got snow this morning. it's ok in town just now but 2 miles out it;s not so good.
Hope it dont come down here just had a load of hail about an hour ago

·
Registered
110 Posts
imported post

gogs11uk wrote:
Don't let it come down here, as we are all "soft southerns" and not used to snow. As soon as we get 2" the place closes down.

Alan y

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

Brings back many happy memories - born and bred in Redcar - used to ride down to Staithes a lot when I was younger on my Goldie - Saltburn bank was always a challenge as were the other grades on the way to Staithes and then onto Whitby

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

Still riding for fun to work at Gatwick on dry days. M25 all the way.

Use car when wet as the big girl doesn't stop too well in the wet! My heart can't take the rush of those near misses any more.

:action:

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

cleveland38 wrote:
Brings back many happy memories - born and bred in Redcar - used to ride down to Staithes a lot when I was younger on my Goldie - Saltburn bank was always a challenge as were the other grades on the way to Staithes and then onto Whitby
Small world I went to Staithes on the way to Whitby that day had a cuppa at the cafe on theharbourside, they onto Whitby for in my opinion the best fish and chips that you can get in the UK.Redcar is having a bit of a makeover at the moment its getting a pier again.The only problem is its a vertical one that looks like a tower and does not go into the sea.

This decision is not popular with the locals but the council no best as usual.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

It's rather chilly right now, but yes still riding. The good wife and myself will head out for a spin in the morning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.