Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

I want one
But the price here in Denmark for an GW1800 DCT Tour Airbag is already $93000 ! , (yes , we have SOME tax on bikes and cars ) , and i dont think the price will go down with this new feature 馃槩

Administrator
I don't desire a new one but this wouldn't influence me either way. They are just following the pack.

Registered
HI SMEDEN, I see you used a dollar sign in the price. Does that mean US dollars, Euros, or Krones?

Thanks,

Rayjoe

HI SMEDEN, I see you used a dollar sign in the price. Does that mean US dollars, Euros, or Krones?

Thanks,

Rayjoe
Yes , $93000 , is US dollars ( actually the price here is 576985 Danish Krones ).
I know it is hard for you to believe , but that is the price here in our "nice" country .
One of my friends attended WingDing in US a few years ago. Everyone thought he was a nice guy, but that there was something wrong with his head - at least he could not convert motorcycle prices!

Attachments

Registered
SMEDEN,

How much of that is tax? I'm just curious. How can the average guy afford that? Do people make big money in Denmark, or only rich people own bikes?

What does a house cost?

Thanks,

Rayjoe

Registered
Yes , $93000 , is US dollars ( actually the price here is 576985 Danish Krones ).
I know it is hard for you to believe , but that is the price here in our "nice" country .
One of my friends attended WingDing in US a few years ago. Everyone thought he was a nice guy, but that there was something wrong with his head - at least he could not convert motorcycle prices!
Wow!
you could probably get a brand new one shipped from her for < 1/2 that cost!
Frikken outrageous!!
But one here and drive it back... 馃槀馃槀

Premium Member
My house only cost $62,000 US.

SMEDEN,

How much of that is tax? I'm just curious. How can the average guy afford that? Do people make big money in Denmark, or only rich people own bikes?

What does a house cost?

Thanks,

Rayjoe
When you import a bike there is first 10% custom and then 25% sales tax AND then 150% registration tax !(same rule for cars). If you dont pay the registration tax you can only ride in your garden and that is not fun for long .
The average guy must be "dedicated" and most GW owners are over 50 years , Most people will have their GW financed through their bank . An 15 years old GL1800 goes for around $33000 .
Average sallary is $54000 a year BEFORE income tax , which is around 30% for most people .
A normal one family house (120 square meters, good condition) is around $160000 where i live , - much more around the capital or other big citys .
On the other hand, we have free school education for everyone, educational support for everyone over the age of 18 (who you can almost live on), free hospital and elderly care and public pension for everyone over the age of 67 (who you can live reasonably off).

Registered
Thank you SMEDEN for the detailed answer!! It explains the high taxes and the benefits that everyone receives.

I realize we are off the subject of motorcycles slightly. One more question if you please. Do you have homeless people?
It sounds like they are taken care of. Are there people who refuse services and choose to live in the street, woods, etc....

Thanks,

Rayjoe

Premium Member
I have it on my Toyota RAV 4 and love it. set it and forget it. On the highway if someone cuts you off, it slows you down, On mine you can set the distance the radar reacts to a object in front of you.

Plus you don't have to use it, on my RAV 4 you can turn it on or just use regular cruise control

Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
Discussion Starter #12
I have it on my Toyota RAV 4 and love it. set it and forget it. On the highway if someone cuts you off, it slows you down, On mine you can set the distance the radar reacts to a object in front of you.

Plus you don't have to use it, on my RAV 4 you can turn it on or just use regular cruise control
I can see where that might be of help.
I always use the Cruise Control and when riding with other folks, it is difficult to get our speeds matched exactly.
Especially when they are 2 up, and I am just solo..... the CC on the two bikes can't accommodate the uphill/downhill precisely the same for you.

I usually set mine about the same, hit Down once or twice and wait until I am back about a 1/4 mile and then hit the Advance once or twice.... Eventually, I catch up and have to repeat the procedure.

Administrator
I usually set mine about the same, hit Down once or twice and wait until I am back about a 1/4 mile and then hit the Advance once or twice.... Eventually, I catch up and have to repeat the procedure.
That's how it's done, sort of. Resume increase speed by 1/2mph, set decreases it by 1 mph. You can pretty well synch with someone as long as they hold speed.
Not like I was trying to synch with Andy when we were going to South Dakota. He would see me falling back and slow down then speed up when I was catching up I found out later. I said "no wonder I had such a hard time trying to get synched".

Reactions: AZgl1800

Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
Discussion Starter #14
when Andy and I ride together, we use the same method.
GPS +3 mph over the posted speed limit.

it is easy for us to sync up.

Thank you SMEDEN for the detailed answer!! It explains the high taxes and the benefits that everyone receives.

I realize we are off the subject of motorcycles slightly. One more question if you please. Do you have homeless people?
It sounds like they are taken care of. Are there people who refuse services and choose to live in the street, woods, etc....

Thanks,

Rayjoe
Yes, you're right we've gotten a little off topic. :)
No, we have no homeless, UNLESS people want it that way.
Everyone is helped to a reasonable life, and also physical treatment if that is what is needed.

Administrator
Yes, you're right we've gotten a little off topic. :)
No, we have no homeless, UNLESS people want it that way.
Everyone is helped to a reasonable life, and also physical treatment if that is what is needed.
Sounds like utopia but those who do work to earn a living pay the price for everyone else.

Reactions: Peter Goldwing

Registered
Thank you SMEDEN,

It is interesting hear about other countries.

Back to the main point. My wifes 16 year old Lexus has laser cruise control and I like it! Takes a little getting use to. I set it at 5 mph above the speed limit. If we come up to a slower car it will slow to match the slow cars speed. Works well on straight roads. If the road has curves it sometimes will lose contact with the other car so you have to pay attention!

Since this car is so old, the automatic braking feature only works when the cruse control is engaged. Newer cars have automatic braking all the time. A reason we might consider getting a newer car. Until then, this has been the greatest car we have ever owned. Runs perfectly and very comfortable.

Kinda off the subject again! My mind wanders sometimes.;) Anyway, based on my experience with the car, I think I would like the feature on a bike. Just like I like electric start, disc brakes, fuel injection, and all the other improvements they have made over the years. Many of which were decried by motorcyclists when they were first introduced. I remember the comments made when they did away with kick starter years ago.

As far as price. Nothing seems to be getting cheaper except electronics.

Rayjoe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts