Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I know this has been beat to death but I gotta ask!! My stock 1100 seat is killing me!! Is the JC Whitney seat with back rest worth getting?? I hate to spend 300 bucks and not be happy!!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

The seats that JCW sells are made by Mustang, which is supposed to be a good brand without the high prices like Hartco and the others. Some of those are kits that you use you original seatpan with and others are complete seats.

The one I like that they sell is the one with the gel pad but it doesn't come with the driver's backrest.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
The seats that JCW sells are made by Mustang, which is supposed to be a good brand without the high prices like Hartco and the others. Some of those are kits that you use you original seatpan with and others are complete seats.

The one I like that they sell is the one with the gel pad but it doesn't come with the driver's backrest.
The seat I bought from JCW at the beginning of last year was a Saddleman and I got the one with the gel inserts in it that you mount to the original seat pan and I did have to do a little modifing of the seat pan and in the middle of last year I bought a Utopia back rest and I would say now that it was one of my better investments, the seat and backrest together.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
imported post

i got some kuryakin highway pegs which helped a ton.

ebay has the saddleman seats for 199. i think it is the entire seat. don't think they are gel.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

keithg64 wrote:
Bagmaster wrote:

The seat I bought from JCW at the beginning of last year was a Saddleman and I got the one with the gel inserts in it that you mount to the original seat pan and I did have to do a little modifing of the seat pan and in the middle of last year I bought a Utopia back rest and I would say now that it was one of my better investments, the seat and backrest together.
I stand corrected, you're right, they're Saddleman seats, not Mustang. Don't know where I come up with the Mustang thang!!:shock::shock::shock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.