Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I would like to know what could be done with my Corbin seat. This is on a used bike (1989) and I had read (in a thread in this forum) that I would need to put on 1000 to 2000 miles to get it to conform to my butt. After 4000 miles it is still hard to ride more than 1.5 hours without a break and as the day goes the ride time gets much shorter and the break time gets much longer. I also don’t know how old this seat is.

I contacted Mean City Cycles, from a more current thread, but they don’t work on the GW Corbin seats and didn’t know anybody who does. I would like to get some feedback so I can get a more comprehensive list of my options.

Thanks,
ray

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

alternate with a sheepskin....my used corbin on my 1500 is the closest thing i think to comfort on long rides...stock seat is a no-no on long trips...but how comfy you wanna get?...how much you wanna spend....sky's the limit!! with seats...also much debate on the comfiest seats...i thought it was uncomfy too till i got used to it...and wont go back now

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
imported post

Contact Rich's custom upholstery in Kingston WA.........there is no better custom seat maker

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
imported post

I always heard that you do not break in a Corbin...a Corbin breaks in you;)

That attempt at humor aside,

I have had a Corbin on my Burgman 650 for 4 seasons now and I rode it from home to Atlanta last summer with only the usual fuel, food, and pee breaks...700 miles, a little over 13 hours...

The Corbin did take about 2500 miles to break me in though;)

I found that an Airhawk and a dead sheep helped also

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Seats and rear ends are like shoes -- everyone's is different!!! I found the seat on my 88 1500 just fine for long
trips and have beaded cover to air condition my sitter. Since ordering a new seat (old one has split in couple of places) will replace the beads with sheepskin for extended travel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.