Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What do you guys wear for underwear when riding long distance? After 200 or 300 mile on any given day Ifind myself pulling at my jeans toease crotch problems. Not sure if it is the jeans or the underwear. Inquiring minds and all that. Think I will invent something called Crotch Guard.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

This has been discussed in the past & will be again, silk or athletic breathable styles are best, we also use bicycling padded shorts for long distances. :action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

There's a strong possibility that your putt seat isn't quite right for you...I think you might be 'squirming' a bit. Until a buddy and I built our own seats (nailed it on the 3rd try)...we pretty much had to stop about every hour, or risk the dread 'wedgie' effect...:action:

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
imported post

the sheep skin seat cover has been a great addition and helped solve the problem for us.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

Two things help a great deal. First buy some padded bicycle shorts and don’t wear any underwear under them. Yeah I know, some guy’s think that’s gross but you have to get rid of the seams in most underwear, and then get ride of the jeans. I've used the biking shorts for some time and they help a lot but I just bought some riding pants from first gear and those in combination with the biking shorts make a huge difference. Recently I took a short ride and didn't use the First Gear pants but did wear the biking shorts under my jeans, big difference, the jeans just bind and grab.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

I ride in South Texas. I wear FirstGear mesh pants, and usually wear shorts, bicycling shorts, or underarmor lycra compression short underneath. Works great, is quite cool.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Panty hose is an option...........Although I never tried em....;)

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
imported post

I think your mother's advice on wearing clean underpants in the event you end up at the ER applies to wearing womens underthings too. :D

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

chskbak wrote:
the sheep skin seat cover has been a great addition and helped solve the problem for us.
:cooler:

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

chskbak wrote:
I have a sheepskin and it didn't help at all with this problem. Was more comfortable though.

I also have a pair of loose fitting jeans that were worse than tighter jeans. I think that problemthough was with the legs being looser and sliding up the legs.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Commando is what has always worked for me. I won't go into how I came to realize that on a trip many years, being a family forum and all.

Point is the ride is much more comfortable with nothing to bunch up, ride up, bind up or anything else.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

I use padded bicycle shorts or wear a pair of LD Comfort shorts. Both work well with jeans on long rides.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

I had to get rid of my Levi jeans and start wearing Wranglers. Seems the different crotch fit works better for me.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

I threatened to go commando myself but I found the Starter shorts and like them a good bit so far. They are the same as the UnderArmor.

I read the other night about the Diamond jeans. They say the crotch cut is more comfortable for riding.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

boxers for me

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

T'wasn't my skivvies that were vexing me, it t'were my jeans. I got a pair of Slider jeans and find the problem much reduced. The Sliders are cut pretty loose fitting, doesn't display the 'package' for sure but the bagginess does make for less confined riding.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.