Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My highway board hinges are both stripped of all threads.......not a problem!! My question is about the smaller "thru" hole to the left in my pic! What's it for?? Anyone?? Anyone??

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

Hi there should be a stud there to stop the foot rest from twisting when you apply pressure to it re it may spin on the center bolt without it

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

not sure i just had to see where this thread went:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::dude::dude::dude::action::waving: my boards are slightly different, had to helicoil mine as well

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Yup, got the same set, it keeps them fixed in one place.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

agnogel wrote:
Hi there should be a stud there to stop the foot rest from twisting when you apply pressure to it re it may spin on the center bolt without it
Thanks Peter. I gave that some thought when I first removed them, and the problem that I saw was that the hole goes all the way thru the hinge and would allow a stud to just compress flush with the hinge as the hinge is tightened to the vertical clamp!! There is no "mating" holes in either vertical crashbar clamp, indicating that none of the PO's {I'm the 4th}, had attempted to "drill and pin" the hinge to the vertical clamp! I'm sure Markland would have supplied this as an instruction in their new parts sales! But hey, your recommendation holds more water than anything I can come up with, so that is exactly what I will do once I get them helicoiled!! Once again, Thanks Peter!!

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

da_bull wrote:
Yup, got the same set, it keeps them fixed in one place.
Gonna do just that Bill, drill my own "stops" in the vertical clamps!! Thanks!
.........................Roger

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
imported post

I've got a set of those and there is a roll pin in mine and a hole in the clamp to keep them from turning.
Kim:action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

kah92340 wrote:
I've got a set of those and there is a roll pin in mine and a hole in the clamp to keep them from turning.
Kim:action::action::action:
Thx Kim, that's the direction I'm taking! Guess I gotta "Roll my own".....so to speak!!:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.