Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have just got my 87 GL1200 running (shes rough but running) after she sat for 3 yrs, it seems she may only have 3 happy cylinders and the left front is missing a lot, had her running for bout 5 mins and the exhaust is hot on all 3 cylinders but the front left is warm and touchable. there is fuel getting to it and there is a spark but still nothing. Also there is fuel squirting from a pipe that drains into the tray with the tank fill up, its a strong flow. any help much appreciated, would just also like to add that the smoke from the tail pipe on the left side is smokey but the right side is clear.

Thanks Ali

·
Administrator
26,563 Posts
imported post

Not surprising the carbs are having problems, they always do after a long rest especially #2 it seems is always the worst.
I can't picture what would pump gas into the spillage tray???????? It's there to drain spilled fuel out the bottom if you spill some filling it.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

well there is a tube comming from the top of the rear carbs from both sides meeting above the fill up cap, where they meet there is a junction box type thing and a third tube down to the spillage tray. its a good flow as if it were an overflow from the carbs???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.