Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

is it recomended to remove spark plugs and put a small amount of MO or oil , teasoon
in each cylinder? also should I remove the air out of the progressive air shocks-rear?semper7

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

If this is just winter storage not several years of storage just park it, disconnect or put a battery tender on the battery and start it in the spring.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

If parking on concrete I like to put cardboard (several layers) under the Tires.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

And put a blanket over it and tuck it in and tell it you'll be out to go for a ride come Feb thaw.
Don't start it unless you are going to go for at least a 50 mile ride or you'll get condensation in the pipes and then RUST!
Rather than a blanket, put a cover on it. Helps to keep some of the moisture off it being so close to the coast there. I started riding in the early 70's in so NH.

·
Trike Master
1,247 Posts
imported post

Stabil in the gas, hook up a battery maintainer.
If the temps get below freezing for extended periods in your unheated storage area-I would remove the battery and store it in a warmer place also, plugged into a battery maintainer.
Question for Wingsam41:Why several layers of cardboard if parked on concrete???? Curious

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

tfdeputydawg wrote:
Question for Wingsam41:Why several layers of cardboard if parked on concrete???? Curious
Just something I heard and/or read from several forums and articles in motorcycle magazinesso Imade a habit of doing it. I think the idea is that during extreme cold it insulates the tire somewhat and the idea is to prevent flat spots. Whether or not it is true, it certainly does seem to hurt and my E3's were pricey so I do it.

:action:

Merry Christmas!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.