Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

On the left hand side of my glove box/fairing there is this small 2 inch by 2 inch. It has a flat toggle and a small led light also a horizontal slot with a dust shield- like for a inserting a key. When I toggle it -it beeps for a second and the light glows red? There is nothing in my manual. It has the word liberty on it. Any ideas? Oh yea its a 1982 interstate.

I would post a picture - but I have not figured that out yet. Thanks for all of your help.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

mjohnson wrote:
On the left hand side of my glove box/fairing there is this small 2 inch by 2 inch. It has a flat toggle and a small led light also a horizontal slot with a dust shield- like for a inserting a key. When I toggle it -it beeps for a second and the light glows red? There is nothing in my manual. It has the word liberty on it. Any ideas? Oh yea its a 1982 interstate.

I would post a picture - but I have not figured that out yet. Thanks for all of your help.
Probably an anti-theft device. What ever you do, don't turn it off and on within one minute, they are usually designed to short out the ignition system and wipe out the ECU to prevent unauthorized use. If you decide to remove it be very, very careful when you cut the wires, if you cut the red wire, or is it the blue wire... it will explode!

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

The resulting EMP will disable the CPUmaking it incapable toinitialize the disconnect scenario to ensure proper dissemenation of the emF. Therefore the red/white co-ax is the correct enabler.:clapper:pandemonium will result with bulbous nose buffoons running rampant in a rollicking round of ribbing.

Verily.

Hobie

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Liberty do still make motorcycle alarms, although they are more renowned for house alarms etc. Yours is definitely not OEM equipment and a previous owner must have had it fitted.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I have an unknown brand of anti theft system on my bike. It seems to be improperly wired too. If you set it and forget you did, when you put the key in the ignition and turn it, the 15A fuse in the bottom of the fuse box blows. It's a fancy little system, has a key fob to set and turn off the unit along with a remote pager alarm, but I can't believe the darn thing was designed to immobilize the bike by blowing the fuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.