Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just experienced an unintended consequence of the McDonalds Mobile app. With this app, you can pre-order your meal, motor to the restaurant you pre-selected, pull into a numbered parking spot (usually next to the drive-thru overflow spots), click a button to place your order and pay. The restaurant then cooks and assembles your order and brings it to you curb-side.

Now, as for the unintended consequence. After pulling into the numbered spot and placing/paying for my order, I discovered I had 3 to 5 minutes with nothing to do. So I pulled out my trusty can of Lemon Pledge and a clean buffing rag and went to town on the windshield and other tupperware. So not only did I get a delicious meal, I got a clean(er) bike!

While the above was overwhelmingly positive, a word of caution. Over-use of this app may cause a reduction in your bike's fuel efficiency as the contact patch between you and your saddle grows ever wider.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,269 Posts
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:I resemble that :grin3:

·
Premium Member
12,750 Posts
Sorry I dont get this technology. If I preorder, why do I have to click to order, why isn't it ready when I arrive ?
5 minutes would normally be a long wait walking up to the counter ?:baffled:

Of course all this is moot to your point on fuel efficiency

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mean no disrespect Mike. I'm not sure what it's like in your area, but around here, and particularly during the lunch rush, you're more likely to sit in the drive-thru lane for 10-15 minutes, motor running, caught behind a diesel dually before getting to the menu board. Park and go inside?? That's just not American!

With the app, I can pick from my previous orders, or start a new one, from the comfort of my easy chair. Ride to the restaurant and, in essence, jump the the head of the drive-thru lane! Spend 3 to 5 minutes in the shade smelling that sweet sweet aroma of Lemon Pledge vs 10-15 minutes of diesel exhaust.

Hold the pickle? Hold the lettuce? Special orders are the rule in my house. Not always easy to get special instructions communicated thru a crackly speaker, particularly with that previously mentioned dually pretending to be a 4-wheeled Harley. And bringing home a sandwich which is NOT to the Mrs specifications? NOT AN OPTION!!

McDooz is not my first choice. But the local Dairy Queen doesn't have a drive-thru! :ROFL:

·
Registered
85 Posts
My current contact patch is large enough without visiting the likes of McD's. I have been working hard to go the other direction. My bike does not need more traction.

·
Premium Member
12,750 Posts
It's true , I do live in a small community. So I don't have the same situation.
Enjoy the wonderful lemon smell/shine, burger and the ride!

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
I'm confused as the words "McDonalds" and "Delicious" have always been mutually exclusive to me.:?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry I dont get this technology. If I preorder, why do I have to click to order, why isn't it ready when I arrive ?
5 minutes would normally be a long wait walking up to the counter ?:baffled:

Of course all this is moot to your point on fuel efficiency

I don't think you want them to really make the stuff as soon as you order. If you get delayed, traffic, etc. them fries are terrible cold.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
trusty can of Lemon Pledge
Beware of bees

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lemon Pledge works quite well, be it a plexi windshield or painted panels. On plexi, it will look streaky at first, but just keep polishing, it'll clear up. Good for removing light road dirt and bugs, but if you ride through dusty areas, it worth your time to wash the road dust off first then apply Pledge to dry surfaces. Some Pledge users report bee issues, so watch for that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts