Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NJ is just about to legalize pot.

I carry my legal gun here in Fl with 15 rounds of a hollow point bullets with a concealed weapon permit. Ill go to NJ(with same) they'll put me in jail. ( no carry, max 10 shots mag, no hollow point allowed)

Someone buys legal marijuana in NJ and brings it here: he might go to jail. Smoking pot is a federal offense while 2nd amendment is a right.
Go figure.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,301 Posts
I have decided that when we go on vacation next March, the CCW hardware is staying home...
don't know which states we will be coming back through, and just don't want the issues that might arise.

·
Administrator
25,776 Posts
We should just make everything that's not in the 10 commandments legal everywhere. Problem solved.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have always carried my 357mag, its a revolver when riding. Also have carried my 454 as well, both 6 inch barrels, I have a theory. Mind over Matter.... My motto!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Oh forgot a few things. Pots legal here now, as most other drugs are not prison offenses as well here now. So let the pot smokers smoke pot the gun people have there guns and we all get along. New Motto maybe too "Its all bad Karma Dude Sharks are our friends" !!! Hope this brightens your day or at least gets a chuckle!

·
Administrator
25,776 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
:laugh::wink2: Politics, guns and religion all in the same thread. Couldn't get any better!

·
Registered
379 Posts
NJ, where we have the strictest gun laws in the country that ONLY apply to the LEGAL gun owners. And where we give free medical, food, housing AND legal services to ILLEGAL immigrants!!!! Kind of ironic don't you think?

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
NJ, where we have the strictest gun laws in the country that ONLY apply to the LEGAL gun owners. And where we give free medical, food, housing AND legal services to ILLEGAL immigrants!!!! Kind of ironic don't you think?

You're state is not the only one, but Like Trike Lady said: "They get voted into office".

Reactions: Peter Goldwing

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let me tell you a bad joke: New Jersey

·
Premium Member
5,380 Posts
Different locations require different laws for good reasons. In Rhode Island vermin control might mean mouse traps. Mouse traps aren't going to help a Texas farmer with a feral hog problem.

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,240 Posts
Yeah I know but that's because I'm too old to even think about it anymore.
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

That can really happen???!!!???

I carry concealed almost everywhere. I admit I am in a 'special' group of folks, but concealed means concealed. Nobody will EVER know it is there unless ...

Fun thread. :grin3:

Pot is legal here and frankly it is not much different in town when I go there. Sure, lots of new stores, but people are acting the same. And now I have something better to help me sleep when I need it that doesn't have man-made chemicals in it. Sleep issues ever since the Army. Tried every herbal, relaxation, etc. Even tried Ambien (DON'T EVER, EVER GET THAT CRAP!!) and it almost cost me my marriage. This? Sip the liquid or chew a gummy, lay down, go to sleep and wake up 100% alert and normal. Well, as normal as I ever was anyway.

Reactions: LarryC and AZgl1800

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,301 Posts
That can really happen???!!!???

I carry concealed almost everywhere. I admit I am in a 'special' group of folks, but concealed means concealed. Nobody will EVER know it is there unless ...

snip.............

along with what you said, here is one fellow who did not exercise forethought before he started an argument, or responded to a stupid comment, and just backed out, soothing the situation, and go home.

He is a legal CCW, but his own weapon killed him.

http://www.pressandguide.com/news/dearborn-man-dead-after-shooting-at-inkster-gas-station/article_49554bae-1cf1-11e9-afc8-87fa91ff7206.html?fbclid=IwAR1yV3WaSmjonDQ0sodZdGb2z6FDaFDcJ9puuNrhLkbY8D5EhAZH1XLH7Vo

There is a time for everything, but this definitely was not one of them.
Apologize, and get the heel out of there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts