Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Under the left fairing pocket there is a green 2 pin female plug with a cap on it. Anyone know what its for?

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Do you have light sets in your fairing side light reflectors?

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

No. Assuming thats what its for does that mean there is one on the other side too? Could they be used to supply power for driving lights?

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

That's what it's for. There should be another one under the right hand pocket. I don't think I would use it for driving lights, though. The wiring and fuse system will probably not be able to handle it.

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
imported post

Yes that is what it's for and there is one on the other side but would be too much load on the circuit to power driving lights directly but could be used to power a relay for that purpose.

Didn't mean to step on you Mike, you type faster than me obviously.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Hey, a little confirmation never hurts anyone.....:waving:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Beware if you boost the watts down there, you can easily start smelling burning plastic. That area was not intended for much it the way of watts.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks for the fast answers. I'm really enjoying this 1500, leaves my old 1200 in the dust.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

One of the first things I did to my bike. Now, everything is plug and play, with plenty of capacity on it's own system. No added stress on the factory wiring. I'll get even a better boost when I go to the compufire. The heavier wiring and fuses are in place.

Didn't cost too much either. I already had most of the components. Rudy makes the instructions easy to follow, and like he said, you only need to do it once.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

on my 94 1500,under the left pocket is a auxiliary input jack for [ cd or ipod players ]. on your radio that is the "aux " knob

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

oldyardman wrote:
on my 94 1500,under the left pocket is a auxiliary input jack for [ cd or ipod players]. on your radio that is the "aux " knob
It's my understanding that only the Interstate's had the aux plug. There's no such animal under my pocket and no aux knob on my radio panel.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Only radios without a cassette player had the Aux. input jack.

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.