Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In need of help. in1983 gold wings started linking the brakes. the front calipers are different,the right caliper has 25 mm pistons and the left have 32 mm pistons. I am trying to find another bike I can get parts from, would like to find a right 32 mm bore caliper to fit that bike. I know the 82 wing has 30 mm calipers on each side, and if I cant find a right 32 I may have to end up using a 30 mm caliper. My question goes out to guys that know there honda,s better than I do, what model has a 32 mm bore right caliper so I can try to find one on e bay. Any help would be most welcomed.

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
You will probably have to go to a 30mm caliper on the left if you want them to match. Doesn't really matter if they are the same but you will probably have to change the front master cylinder to a larger bore to operate both front calipers.

·
Alaskan Explorer on a Valk
581 Posts
The gl1200 and 1500 brakes are a plug and play for the 83gl -1100. no modification needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will probably have to go to a 30mm caliper on the left if you want them to match. Doesn't really matter if they are the same but you will probably have to change the front master cylinder to a larger bore to operate both front calipers.
The gl1200 and 1500 brakes are a plug and play for the 83gl -1100. no modification needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok guy s here goes 1983 all gl1100 had unilink brakes , 1st year. the bike featured , a right front caliper with 25.4 mm bore. that caliper actuatedwith the foot controled rear brake. The left caliper has 32 mm bore and is controled by front break lever only! IN 84 TO 2000 HONDA USED SAME SYSTEM BUT CHANGED THE BRAKE LINES SO THAT THE 25.4 MM CALIPER IS ON THE LEFT SIDE. what a pain in the balls. thanks for your help.

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
ok guy s here goes 1983 all gl1100 had unilink brakes , 1st year. the bike featured , a right front caliper with 25.4 mm bore. that caliper actuatedwith the foot controled rear brake. The left caliper has 32 mm bore and is controled by front break lever only! IN 84 TO 2000 HONDA USED SAME SYSTEM BUT CHANGED THE BRAKE LINES SO THAT THE 25.4 MM CALIPER IS ON THE LEFT SIDE. what a pain in the balls. thanks for your help.
Yes we are aware of the linked brake system. If you want to unlink them there is really no problem with using the calipers it has.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts