Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

WARNING ....WARNING ....WARNING ....

3/4 OF THE HOTEL ROOMS ARE ALREADY BOOKED :clapper::clapper::clapper:,,i spoke to the manageress today and she tells me there are only a few rooms left for this weekend ,,,,:X:X,

DONT SAY I DID NOT WARN YOU ...book now :whip::whip:...Cheers Ciaran

Here is a copy of a letter I sent out to all gwoci members ,,,just in case you did not receive it ,,have a read and book .....:clapper::clapper:

.......................................................................................................................................

Hey hello everybody…….. ..Ciaran Meyler here in the sunny south east ,I am organising a drop out ,drop down ,drop up weekend or whatever ya want to call it ,in THE SHANNON OAKS HOTEL ,PORTUMNA ,Co Galway on Sat 8[suP]th[/suP] and Sun 9[suP]th[/suP] JAN 2005,,,for the entire GOLDWING OWNERS CLUB OF IRELAND,

This is not an AGM or a committee meeting or any other type of all out war ,no sir this is a good old fashioned weekend away for all you GOLDWINGERS and partners and family if you wish to bring them along ,

It is to launch the club into the new year with a bit of craic and relaxation (and drink)

I got a splendid deal from the hotel ,which is one of the top hotels in the west of Ireland ,standing in amongst 1500 acres of woods and gardens and close to lough Derg ,,have a little read of the brochure enclosed ,it has a swimming pool (always handy to cool the committee down) and a gym and restaurant etc etc ,,

The normal price for this hotel is £130 per room per night ,room only,But after I explained to the manager that we were just poor wingers(that’s wingers not whingers) and we only had money for shiney bits ,she started to cry and said she would talk to the man above (I thought she meant Paul Devenney),one day later she came back and…

THEY have given the GOLDWINGERS a great deal ,,Sat night meal /room and full irish breakfast on sun morn, plus music in the bar sat night for £70 per person sharing ,,there is a £15 single supplement ,,

I have block booked the complete hotel,,yes that’s right the complete hotel ,so in other words we will take over the hotel on the SAT and SUN ,,Portumna will never be the same again ,,,

The intrest in this weekend is huge ,,it is about time we all got to know each other better,mind you I am not sleeping with Chris Scanlon or Spot or anybody else,,no matter how many shiney bits they promise me ,,

All I ask from you all is your support to make this a great weekend ,you can come on your bike ,or Car or pram or horse ,just be there ,,

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
There is only limited availability,so pick up the phone now and get your room booked ,,tell the receptionist that the reservation number is 226 and the ref code is GOLDWING,,,,DON’T COME ALONG IN JAN AND TELL ME YOU CANNOT GET A ROOM ,,,,I go deaf very easy….any problems my number is 086 8113750,,,

This will be the FIRST of many weekends planned for the year so BE THERE ..

Wishing you all a really happy Christmas and a cracker of a new year

Cheers Ciaran ..ps ..if you have a musical instrument and you can play ,bring it along for the session after the the staff have gone to bed ..shhhhh

HOTEL PHONE NUMBER …..0909 741777

HOTEL E MAIL………[email protected]

HOTEL WEB SITE …………http://www.shannonoaks.ie

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

Yes folks,

I just booked and there are only nine (9) rooms left in total.
Looks like another MEYLER success story......

C U ALL THERE

STEVE18

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

There are only 5 rooms left as of now.22.30 2nd dec 2004 ....cheers:waving::waving: Ciaran

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

:waving:THE HOTEL IS FULLY BOOKED ,NO ROOM ,NO VACANCIES,COMPLETE ETC,ETC :p:p,dont say you were not warned ..:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:..But if you still want to come ,:X,there are a few B&Bs in Portumna ,,but find them yourself ..:walker:......cheers Ciaran:waving:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Dont forget this weekend is only a week away ,,,,so get practising your musical instruments ,,and as soon as this weekend is over I will be organising a 10 day trip to the celtic wing ding and the french treffen for early May ...so watch out for the postings ...Ciaran:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

hello from mullingar

just a quick one to let you know that i wont be able to make it on sat due to unforseen family business:(:(, sorry i am gonna miss what looks like a great start to the new year. however it means there should be a vacancy for anyone interested. :D:DEric

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

Yea, :DI am looking :shock: forward to Sat Night.:cheeky1:.. Hope to see you all there !! :clapper:

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
imported post

Hi Everyone,

That is everyone that is going to Portumna this weekend. What is the drill.. ie what time is kickoff as it is too late now to phone wexman to get details. See U all there :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::dude::clapper::dude::clapper::dude::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::gunhead:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Hi all ,,I am heading downthis morning (fri),,,I am looking out the window and the rain is pouring down and a gael force wind blowing:clapper: ,but what the hell I can dry out in the bar in Portumna drinking my club orange,,:p

The meal on Sat is at 8.30 pm and you can drink all night is you want to:D ,,but watch for the hangover on sun morning ,,,,:XDONT FORGET ,if you can play an instrument ,,,bring it with you ,,we have plenty of wing singers dying to let go :jumper:...cheers Ciaran ,,,

ps wingdo ,I have your phone with me ....:waving:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.