Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi all, I've been flat out busy for so long now it's wild. I've not had the time to keep up with what's been happening here.

Anyway, an update, we sold my hubby's GL1100 Aspencade and his Shadow Spirit 1100 and got him a newer 2005 Kawasaki Nomad 1600. He loves the bike and the bike fits him very well. We have taken 1 trip already with it.

Yes, then I ended up stumbling upon a real deal and bought a 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1600. It's just weird how things came about. Anyway, I sold my Shadow Spirit 1100 in one day. So all worked out smoothly. I do miss my Shadow a little though, as I had that bike 5 years. But I really love the Vulcan Classic 1600 too. I still have my Goldwing and I rode that on our recent trip to the mountains.

I'd love to post a pic or two, but I might not do it right, so I'll post a link to our online album.

http://s345.photobucket.com/albums/p366/JJ1spirit1wing/Our%20new%20Kawasaki%20Vulcans/?albumview=slideshow

·
Administrator
26,995 Posts
imported post

I was just wondering about you, haven't seen a post from you in a while.
Welcome back.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks, say.........that's a cool AV..!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

Hey Jennifer welcome back. Those are some nice Kawasakis, glad you kept your Goldwing but keep coming back if you sell it.

Jeff

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,795 Posts
imported post

Hi Jen,

good to see you posting again.

That sure is a nice find you got there in that 1600. Both of your bikes are real lookers. Don't let the Kawi name keep you away from the forum though.

IF you are riding in the wind, you belong here. :waving:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I recently rode a buddy's 1600 Vulcan Nomad, and but for the position he had the bars set at (The tips kept hitting me in the knees in slow speed maneuvering), I really liked the feel of it.

Nice bikes they are. :)

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Nice upgrades, Jen. Should fit you guys well.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Jennifer, I really like my Vulcan too. As your husband, it fits me better than any other bike I have ridden, that is why I had to buy it the monemt I first sat on it. I still want another Wing though. Possibly a 1200 this time.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

Jen, those are some beautiful bikes (and countryside), but how are you going to get that fat thing into your garage? ;)

How far is Spruce Grove from Medicine Hat? I'm taking my wife and daughter up there in August to visit some friends then we are swinging over to Banff. Too bad I can't take my bike along. I'd love to do some riding around Banff.

Anyway, great bikes. Hope you enjoy them.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
I recently rode a buddy's 1600 Vulcan Nomad, and but for the position he had the bars set at (The tips kept hitting me in the knees in slow speed maneuvering), I really liked the feel of it.

Nice bikes they are. :)
That's not the problem with my husband's Nomad. The bike came with 4 inch bar risers and that makes it fit him good. When I ride it though, it is too high for me. I might get risers on my Vulcan down the road, but I think 2 inches would be great for me.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

bbach wrote:
Jen, those are some beautiful bikes (and countryside), but how are you going to get that fat thing into your garage? ;)

How far is Spruce Grove from Medicine Hat? I'm taking my wife and daughter up there in August to visit some friends then we are swinging over to Banff. Too bad I can't take my bike along. I'd love to do some riding around Banff.

Anyway, great bikes. Hope you enjoy them.
Jeff's Nomad has a shed all to itself. Since we don't even have a garage, just large sheds, it has made it a bit of a tight squeeze, but not as bad as it used to be. We have one less bike now than we used to.

I should think that it would be in the way of 6-7 hours from Medicine Hat to Spruce Grove. I've never been as far as Medicine Hat. I've only been to Lethbridge once. But we are taking the Vulcans to the B.C. coast next month in August. WOOOO., that will be a dream trip for me:clapper:

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Vulcan's are great bikes. I've got a '96 1500 Classic (the first year for the Classic)with 50,000+ miles on it and it still runs and rides great?

Happy wheeling...

Dedub :18white:

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Hi everyone. I haven't been around for a while. But I thought I would update you all yet again on my changes. I no longer have my Goldwing. I sold mine last week. After enjoying a wonderful summer with my Vulcan and taking trips with it. It is now my main ride and I was no longer riding the Goldwing. It just didn't seem good for me to keep it anymore and so it went to someone who will be riding it a lot. That's great. Time to move on. It was a great 2.5 years that I had with her.:action::cool:

........Now for my latest ride as of Nov 5th. Yes I finally got the sport touring bike I always wanted. I just picked up a 1999 Triumph Sprint ST 955i. I put 250kms on it this weekend and am loving it very much. It has hard bags too, which is a real bonus. :clapper:

So I won't be around much now, since I'm Wingless and I just don't have the time to spend here as much now as I used to. Thanks to everyone for all the advice and tips and memories shared and of course all the donations of liscence plates. They will always be special to me.

Take care everyone!!!:waving::waving:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

See ya Jen. Enjoy the ride and still feel free to make a cameo visit when you get lonely for us.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Good luck with the new wheels Jennifer, you will always be welcome here no matter what motorcycle you own.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Nice bikes, hope you can keep the wing also. If not I'm sure it will go to a good home.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

You guys be well, and stay happy! Keep in touch. Even though your new rides are not wings, makes no difference to us. This will always be your home base! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

Hi Jennifer,

It's good to hear from you. It's been a long time.

The bikes look good.

I understand if you don't have time to hang out here much, but keep in touch. We enjoy your company.

Take care and come back soon.

:waving:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.