Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The tank is coming along. I put acetone in it as suggested by Don and it's been a week but it's slowly working. Low and behold(xmas talk) under the areas when the tar was the tank pristine..no rust, shiny like new!! I am still working it around the tank laying it on one side and then the other..slow but effective..acetone..once all the tar is out I will give a muraitic acid rinse and seal it with POR15..

The carbs are still my main issue now but they are coming along too. slowly but surely. All the jets are out and the bodies are cleaning up fairly well. So a rebuild is not far off. I hope.

Next issue will be the clutch, it seems to be stuck..IE I can't move the lever on the clutch casing..but I haven't tried much yet..Any one have any suggestions to get it moving again....w/o breaking anything..I seem to be real good at that???

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

how have you tried to move the lever? if you are just trying to pull on the end of the lever on the back of the engine, you will probably never move it... the power is in the leverage of the clutch lever on the handle bar

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

UP top at the lever..no go..I am now trying to lube the cable it's off and I am tryign to get some oil/solvent down it. but still no movement. I will probably take it off at the clutch and see if it's stuck even off the bike..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.