Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Okay, its starts it runs, it goes around the block! and its charging.

Now the bad news. I can't get my taillight to work. I have 12V at the connector, but when I plug the taillight into the connector no light. I had to run a ground wire from the taillight to the battery negative but still no taillight. Same thing with the brakelight.

This is not a factory taillight but a "Tombstone" style taillight. The bulb is the same one the factory used. I don't have a decent electrical wiring diagram (the FSM is rather lacking on that particular point.

---------------

As I read this I am curious as to what the brown wire under the seat is for? Is that where I am supposed to ground the taillight?

---------------

Green/Yellow is stop.
Green is running.
Blue and Orangeare turnsignals.

What is brown?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

On the 1100 the brown wire goes to the ignition switch. It's the lead for the tail light. The bulb has two filaments one for the tail light and one for the brake light, the Green/Yellow is the brake light and the green is ground. I'm pretty sure the 1000 uses the same color code. With a voltmeter - lead on the green wire or on a chassis ground and the + lead on the brown wire you should see 12V when the ignition switch is in the run position. Moving the + lead of the volt meter to the Green/Yellow wire you should have 12V when either brake control is operated.

With your aftermarket tail light unit you're going to have to identify which filament is brake and which is the tail light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.