Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

121 - 140 of 286 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
imported post

Just wanted A BIG THANK YOU for Todd for His design and sharing it!!!:applause::applause: If it wasn't for your sharing, I would have never have even Thought of doing this design!!! And THANKS for ALL the Bro's who have shared what there doing which HAS HELPED me a lot!!:applause: Thanks Ya'Alll!!!!!!!!:weightlifter:Bob

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
imported post

Todd & Beav, just wanted to update that I figured out how to put the 1.75" Alt. pulley on in place of the 2.22" pulley, along with the 3.50" cranck pulley gives me a 2 to 1 ratio:cheesygrin:!! I also exchanged the 7'' fan out to a 10" S-blade fan for better cooling. Tomorrow I test the Alt., I'm letting the Lock-Tight dry:)!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
imported post

1.75 is crazy small man, I wonder what would happen if I installed one on mine with a 4" pulley, it's already pulling 14 volts at idle I guess I should leave it alone..That large fan is crazy cool man..

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
imported post

5....4....3...2..1 WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!!!:congrats::jumper: The bike performed beautifully,...:thumbsup: 14.32 to 14.53 at idle with everything on, fan came on and she only drop to 14.10 at idle:applause:!!! And that BIG fan works Great,.. comes on about 5/8 and off just about 3/8,...:congrats:and then the mirror fell off,..:doh:,.....All in a days work:ROFL:!! Now do a little more tweaking of sorts and,........... RIDE!!!!!!! Later:weightlifter:Bob

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
imported post

Wow that's fantastic there Bob, those readings sound like mine now, I'd say you just can't get it any better than that, it's my opinion it should read like a auto does, and that's what we are after..Awesome.. I know Todd is happy for both of us, I think he's a bet busy with his new toy [1500 and trailer]...Wow, that fan takes it down to 3/8 on the gauge really, that's a fan now... Mine kicks on about 5/8 on the gauge too, but it kicks off around 1/2, Wow... Your poor mirror..:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
imported post

Well done guys:jumper: I knew it would work well for both of you.Now you guys can add lots of lights, heated clothing and anything else that floats your boat, you are correct LB, I have been a little preoccupied with my latest conversion.I turned my 1100 into a 1500, but I wont forget you the "little" people :raspberry:

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
imported post

Why I outta...Hey todd there's one thing sir you should never ever do with that 1500 man, never ever pull up next to my ginger at a stop light,,,aaahh [Little people]:ROFL:

·
Old Broad
3,841 Posts
imported post

littlebeaver wrote:
Why I outta...Hey todd there's one thing sir you should never ever do with that 1500 man, never ever pull up next to my ginger at a stop light,,,aaahh [Little people]:ROFL:
Now! Now! Beav.:badgrin::D:D:ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
imported post

Oh I wanted to say that I relocated the mounting boltfor the timing belt cover, 1" to the left of it's original location. I used flat stock, I drilled two holes, one to mount it into the original hole and the other was tapped for the original bolt, 6mm 1.0 pitch..I just wanted that bolt outside the 4" pulley is all so I can remove the cover without taking off the pulley..

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
imported post

o what i could do with 40 amps, very cool mod

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
imported post

Hay Beav, if you get that 1.75 pulley, how are ya going to make the spacers / reducers? ;) Later, :weightlifter:Bob

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
imported post

Bob I probably will not need a 1.75 pulley because it's too small, I will use a 2" pulley to 4" making it 2 to 1 ratio and the bore hole on it will be 17mm or 9/16"Remember you have a 3 1/2" pulley on yours right..Which is perfect for your pulley set up..:action:Bob what are you doing with all that extraelectrial power..:shock:

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
imported post

Hay Beav, running all my added LEDs, and high beam during the day time, of course the new electric fuel pump, added cooling fan (which works great) and my small amp and radio and the latest,....Microwave!!! :D!!!! I really like to try some newer driving lights but that will have to wait!! It's really nice too see that it carries the load easily when the fan kick on:cheesygrin:!! Later :weightlifter:Bob

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

littlebeaver wrote:
who in the heck needs a shroud ha ha...I wanta see how it does without one,If the results are not good Then I have a second option, I honestly don't think the shroudwill make any difference in the fans effectivness, testing it will be the best way to know..I'm pretty sure the fan will still blow air out forward..I do understand the purpose of the shroud but I like testing stuff for myself...Just to see for myself what happens...the shroud is meant to contain the direction of the air flow at the same time protect the fan from flying objects ect. My thought is this, without it the air flowmay be better on the radiator without the shroud because more air will be blown on it, by not having the shroud on it, I know about how long it takes for the fan to run before it cuts back off, if there isn't any change in the run time then I will not place a shroud on, if it takes longer to cut off, then you can bet I will make a custom shroud for it..
The reason for the shroud around a fan is to make sure that air is pulled across all parts of the radiator. Otherwise you get hotspots in the radiator. It still cools, just not as effective.

When converting cars from belt driven to electric, back in the mid '90's, i used factory fan setup's from like size radiators.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

My brother and I with a lot of help from our freind just finished a 1200 poorboy conversion. I will try to post some pics. This forum helped us a lot also.

121 - 140 of 286 Posts