Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

141 - 160 of 286 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
imported post

The 1200 and 1100 pulley set up are the same so it would be interesting if he could, and if he wants, ask him for a price too, plus the cost of shipping them, he may not want to get into all that mailing and stuff..I wonder if he cut out a keyway for the step in, I'm sure he did..Good photo's..Nice work

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

No, he did not cut out the step down into the cam belt drive pulley or for the key. We spoke about it but he only cut it tothe size of the crankshaft bolt washer. We used blue lock-tite to keep the bolt from coming out.

He also made the pulley 3 1/4 OD (per my request)becauseI saw someone say that they thought that 4 inch was a little bit to big. We used the 31 inch NAPA belt.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
imported post

4" is not to big, I used a 4 5/8" outside dim. on mine all I did was move the cover mounting bolt over 1" I think if your friend made these to specs. on the drawing here guy's would eat them up like candy..

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

My buddy said that it is not worth it to him to do them. He said that if someone could do the CNC program that he has a few companies that he could price them out for us.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

I used an alternator, 100% NEW CHEVY MINI ALTERNATOR SBC BBC 1-WIRE 50 AMP with internal voltage regulator, that I got off of ebay. And a 3.25" pulley that I got off of Amazon. Cost about $125 for both. Eventually I hope to have it back together so I can see how it performs. Every time I want to work on it, my wife thinks of places where my time is better spent.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

Nope, but her mother and one of our daughters are just like her. Maybe you got trapped by one of them???:wtf::cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

You just have to tell her that you can talk to her about it when you come back in from the garage!:cheesygrin:

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
imported post

littlebeaver wrote:
Thanks I have a guy cutting me a few..
Hi Beave ! I'm another newold guy here.lol Welp,you and that bob dude have convinced meto "make the change"....i'm gonna start tomorrow morning taking apart my 1984 Aspencade.The stator is FRIED right now and the wife and i are wanting to ride it to south Texas the last week of June so i better get my....wellgetbusy.I might be pickin your brain here once in a while,and IF you have any pulleys ready to go,i am interested in one if it's soon enough. Thanks!

Also....something went wronrg in the rearend when i parked my bike last fall.I THINK i will be needing a drive flange for it too.I will know more real soon.Hopefully somebody herecan direct me where to get one.Y'all sound like a purdy good group,hopefully i can contribut to this forum too. Thanks ya'll!

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
imported post

Hay Buck, google PoorBoy Conversion and you will find or should find info on how to convert to your 1200. But I'm also sure if you do some twiking you could use this also,.....Read...Read...Read!!!:readit: Don't quote me for sure but I'd swear you can also use a 1500 diff'l on your bike but it might be for a latter 1200. I just know I've seen it done:cheesygrin:!! Good luck,:weightlifter:Bob

141 - 160 of 286 Posts